Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Him or Ayana who is also on the comeback trail.
    I think coming back is tougher for a 400m runner because the intensive trackwork required carries a high risk of aggravating the old injury.

Comment

• Heusden-Zolder today in Belgium ... not quite the meet it's been in the past, due to the timing of the meet relative to worlds, etc. No Americans. Pretty good 800, not much else.

https://worldathletics.org/competiti...7173617/result

Comment

• Originally posted by ubiQuitous1 View Post
        ATL's Stars and Stripes is on ESPN3 at 7pm Saturday, July 2.
        Sandi Morris and Katie Negeotte face off in pole vault in their training city.
        perfect timing group will have results. Possibly live .
        also, there is a meet in Miami tomorrow as well. I can't find any details, but Delilah Muhammad ran there last year and Fred Kerley in 2021. Maybe some talented athletes will show up.
        Live results link

Comment

• Lindsay Flanagan just WON the Gold Coast Marathon in a big PR of 2:24:43!!
          I believe it was a course record!
          She's 13th A-T US, if you include Boston times---which I do!
          Last edited by aaronk; 07-02-2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Van Niekerk won in Atlanta -- 44.58

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
              Van Niekerk won in Atlanta -- 44.58
              Race video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JR7uyyvhqc

Unfortunately, I cant read to much into this race. Yes he is farther away from his injury, but he ran 44.56 and 44.87 in June last year as well, before running 45 at the Olympics and getting eliminated. Well see what happens in 2 weeks.

Comment

• I was looking at the entries for the R├ęsisprint International tomorrow in Switzerland and was surprised to see Beatrice Masilingi listed in the 200. I was checking it only because I noticed an Instagram video from Anna Kielbasinka indicating that she would be competing in the event, along with the 400 hurdler Viivi Lehikoinen. Both of them just raced in Stockholm a few days ago. Kielbasinka is entered in both the 200 and 400.

Not sure why she needs another event. Many of the other Europeans have been posting their travel adventures. Tkachuk is already at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista. Rhyzykova may be headed there also but had a travel delay. The Dutch team is already headquartered in Newport Beach. I'm not sure where they would be training from that setting. Maybe it's obvious but not to someone decades removed from living in the area. I know Meuwly likes a track not far from hills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                  The Dutch team is already headquartered in Newport Beach. I'm not sure where they would be training from that setting. Maybe it's obvious but not to someone decades removed from living in the area. I know Meuwly likes a track not far from hills.
                  Corona del Mar HS has a nice facility

Comment

• Reynier Mena of Cuba ran 200 meters in 19.63, wind legal!
                    Also ran a 100 in 9.96!
                    There is a video of the 200!

Comment

• At the Resisprint International in La Chaux-de-Fonds:

M 100 (+1.6): 1 Yupun Abeykoon (SRI) 9.96 NR, 2 Reynier Mena (CUB) 9.99, 3 Michael Zeze (FRA) 10.00
                      M 200 (+1.5): 1 Mena 19.63 NR, 2 Michael Zeze 19.97, 3 Tortu 20.15
                      M 400: 1 Makwala 45.03
                      W 100 (+1.2): Diana Vaisman (ISR) 11.06 NR, 2 Schippers 11.13
                      W 200 (+0.2): Maisilingi 22.29, 2 Line Kloster (NOR) 22.51
                      W 400: 1 Kielbasinska 50.31
                      W 400H: 1 Line Kloster (NOR) 53.91, NR by 0.81s

Full results: https://slv.laportal.net/Competitions/Details/7558
                      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 07-03-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                        At the Resisprint International in La Chaux-de-Fonds:

M 100 (+1.6): 1 Yupun Abeykoon (SRI) 9.96 NR, 2 Reynier Mena (CUB) 9.99, 3 Michael Zeze (FRA) 10.00
                        M 200 (+1.5): 1 Mena 19.63 NR, 2 Michael Zeze 19.97, 3 Tortu 20.15
                        Even with the wind readings (which are not completely absurd) this is a bit suspicious, no? Zeze couldn't even qualify for Worlds over the 100/200, now runs a lifetime best by .44 and second ever French under 20 seconds? What's the altitude?

Comment

• Originally posted by ceil View Post

Even with the wind readings (which are not completely absurd) this is a bit suspicious, no? Zeze couldn't even qualify for Worlds over the 100/200, now runs a lifetime best by .44 and second ever French under 20 seconds? What's the altitude?
                          992m 3255ft

Comment

• Originally posted by ceil View Post

It's at 992m and a venue famous for producing times that athletes can't replicate elsewhere! E.g., Makwala's 43.72 was run here 7 years ago.

Comment

• I see, thanks.

Comment

• is it a false memory or is there any validity to my recollection that a few years back some federation (Britain?) said it would no longer accept Chaux-de-Fonds times as standards for making natioinal teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X