Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Outdoor Results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gh View Post
    is it a false memory or is there any validity to my recollection that a few years back some federation (Britain?) said it would no longer accept Chaux-de-Fonds times as standards for making natioinal teams?
    Can we add Clermont Florida to that list?
    LOL

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gh View Post
      is it a false memory or is there any validity to my recollection that a few years back some federation (Britain?) said it would no longer accept Chaux-de-Fonds times as standards for making natioinal teams?
      That’s correct, they still don’t

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aaronk View Post

        Can we add Clermont Florida to that list?
        LOL
        And that's in a state whose natural highpoint is 105m/345'!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Track78 View Post
          With Mboma out and Gabby not qualifying, the path is clear for Abby to get a medal. If she can hold her form, I don't think three people are beating her.
          If Mboma is injured Steiner should definitely medal, and probably silver unless Jackson has another brain fart. Hard to tell what kind of form Thompson-Hera is in right now. Maybe she's just waiting to peak at the right time, or maybe her shoulder and achilles are a factor and holding her back.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
            At the Resisprint International in La Chaux-de-Fonds:

            M 100 (+1.6): 1 Yupun Abeykoon (SRI) 9.96 NR, 2 Reynier Mena (CUB) 9.99, 3 Michael Zeze (FRA) 10.00
            M 200 (+1.5): 1 Mena 19.63 NR, 2 Michael Zeze 19.97, 3 Tortu 20.15
            M 400: 1 Makwala 45.03
            W 100 (+1.2): Diana Vaisman (ISR) 11.06 NR, 2 Schippers 11.13
            W 200 (+0.2): Maisilingi 22.29, 2 Line Kloster (NOR) 22.51
            W 400: 1 Kielbasinska 50.31
            W 400H: 1 Line Kloster (NOR) 53.91, NR by 0.81s

            Full results: https://slv.laportal.net/Competitions/Details/7558
            Run through the sprint and hurdle results of this meet, and 2/3 of the athletes are setting PBs, and the other 1/3 are setting SBs.
            These results need to be thrown out, in terms of evaluating these athletes and their fitness.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

              Run through the sprint and hurdle results of this meet, and 2/3 of the athletes are setting PBs, and the other 1/3 are setting SBs.
              These results need to be thrown out, in terms of evaluating these athletes and their fitness.
              Some of the places that I roll my eyes and shake my head when I see great marks:

              1) Le Chaux-de-Fonds
              2) Clermont, Florida
              3) Tottori, Japan (Sprints)
              4) Chula Vista, CA (Jumps)
              5) La Jolla, CA (Discus)
              6) Tucson, AZ (Throws)
              Last edited by TWalsh; 07-03-2022, 08:48 PM.

              Comment


              • I'm not counting ETH out yet. I'm figuring that she and Jackson are taking 1 & 2. After that, with no Mboma, DAS not showing good form and not really trusting SAFP to pull off a medal, I think Steiner is good for bronze.

                Comment


                • Haaa, yes La Chaux-de-Fonds, the magical track where all your dreams come true ☠️☠️

                  Comment


                  • I see the Dutch team is training at Cal Irvine. I've only been to that stadium once, during the '80s. My overriding memory is the rock hard seating. From current photos it doesn't look like anything has changed. I also remember ignoring the nearby In-N-Out in favor of a post-meet visit to Tommy's on Beverly and Rampart. This Florida kid I never fell for the hype toward In-N-Out. In fact, the first time my USC roommates took me there I thought they were kidding. I immediately branded it Minuscule & Mediocre.

                    Kielbasinka seems very happy with her 50.31 and 22.76. Maybe she did that to get accustomed to running rounds. During the Polish championships she said it was a new experience for her to run two 400s in one day. It was also her first 200 of the season, indoor or outdoor. For years it was her primary event.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                      Can we add Clermont Florida to that list? LOL
                      No, you may not. Have you run there? I have. It's ideal for sprints.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                        I also remember ignoring the nearby In-N-Out in favor of a post-meet visit to Tommy's on Beverly and Rampart. This Florida kid I never fell for the hype toward In-N-Out. In fact, the first time my USC roommates took me there I thought they were kidding. I immediately branded it Minuscule & Mediocre.
                        Fightin' words for us Californians, dissin' our In 'n' Out. But you protected yourself with the Tommy's reference - 101 freeway, Beverly exit, right at every stop sign, left at every stoplight.

                        But seriously, Femke's training in my back yard? I need to make a visit somehow.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                          Kielbasinka seems very happy with her 50.31 and 22.76. Maybe she did that to get accustomed to running rounds. During the Polish championships she said it was a new experience for her to run two 400s in one day. It was also her first 200 of the season, indoor or outdoor. For years it was her primary event.
                          I haven't seen results from the Polish Championships anywhere. Do you have a link to them?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

                            I haven't seen results from the Polish Championships anywhere. Do you have a link to them?
                            https://mps.domtel-sport.pl/?seria=0...K400&impreza=6

                            I think this is what you're asking for

                            Comment


                            • Mediterranean Games, Oran (ALG):

                              m200: 1. Guliyev 20.21 (+0.8)
                              m400H: 1. Copello 48.27, 2. Vaillant 48.83
                              m800: 1. Sedjati (ALG) 1:44.52, 2. Hethat (ALG) 1:44.79, 3. Tecuceanu (ITA) 1:44.97, 4. Ayouni (TUN) 1:44.99
                              mTJ: 1. Triki (ALG) 17.07, 2. Bocchi (ITA) 16.93
                              mJT: 1. Ramos (POR) 82.23, 2. Abdelrahman 78.51
                              w100: 1. Hemida (EGY) 11.10 (+0.5)
                              w200: 1. Hemida 22.47 (+0.9)
                              w800. 1. Ekaterina Guliyev (TUR, formerly Poistogova/RUS) 2:01.08
                              wSC: 1. Gega 9:14.29 NR
                              wDT: 1. Tolj (CRO) 64.71
                              wJT: 1. Vilagoš 60.22, 2. Tuğsuz 59.30

                              Comment


                              • From Edmonton, CAN

                                W100 Akinosun 11.05 (1.7)
                                W800 Shukla 2:00.67
                                WSP Mitton 19.99
                                WJT Barber AUS 61.40, Geadle 60.12

                                M100 Carnes USA 10
                                M800 Arop 1:43.61
                                MHT Donnelly US 75.01

                                https://www.windsortiming.com/LiveRe...eWorldsInvite/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X