Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

Run through the sprint and hurdle results of this meet, and 2/3 of the athletes are setting PBs, and the other 1/3 are setting SBs.
    These results need to be thrown out, in terms of evaluating these athletes and their fitness.
    It's always a strange one, as some of the athletes are obviously capable - and have - run such times before (Masilingi...Kielbasinska...) whilst others absolutely not (Mena...Abeykoon). I reckon the times in the 100ms were around 0.15 faster with the altitude + wind.

The altitude itself certainly doesn't account for Kloster's improvement & results though. That 53.91 run would still have been a PB on another track, albeit 54.2 ish. Her 22.51 was more about her proximity to Masilingi on times, and the fact that she was a quarter of a second faster than Kielbasinska. She ran 11.40 (-0.2) at the Norwegian Champs, so is obviously fast over the shorter distances. So I do think a handful of these athletes can run similar times again in Eugene. But not many. However, La Chaux can be a confidence booster to some athletes, so it's good for that alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Kielbasinka seems very happy with her 50.31 and 22.76. Maybe she did that to get accustomed to running rounds. During the Polish championships she said it was a new experience for her to run two 400s in one day. It was also her first 200 of the season, indoor or outdoor. For years it was her primary event.
      She also doubled in La Chaux-de-Fonds last year, running very similar times to those she did yesterday (50.38 and 22.76). At that time, her 400 time looked like a huge outlier, 1.13 under her previous PB. This time her performance is in line with what she's been running all season, which is actually a bit disappointing for a location where everyone seems to run so much faster than anywhere else.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        No, you may not. Have you run there? I have. It's ideal for sprints.
        I have been there several times. Very laid back with the officiating and just about everything else.
        Anecdotally, Sb are set there every year.
        Also at Montverde and Miramar.

Comment

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
          Fightin' words for us Californians, dissin' our In 'n' Out. But you protected yourself with the Tommy's reference - 101 freeway, Beverly exit, right at every stop sign, left at every stoplight.

But seriously, Femke's training in my back yard? I need to make a visit somehow.
          There used to be in and outs in Gainesville, FL. Very popular as 8 recall, but then the disappeared in the mid to late 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ubiQuitous1 View Post
            I have been there several times. Very laid back with the officiating and just about everything else.
            Anecdotally, Sb are set there every year. Also at Montverde and Miramar.
            Do you think it's a short track or the timing people are cheating? Otherwise the sprint times are legit. I have never seen lax officiating, unless you are referring to the informal pace at which the meet is run, which I'm sure is intentional.

Comment

Do you think it's a short track or the timing people are cheating? Otherwise the sprint times are legit. I have never seen lax officiating, unless you are referring to the informal pace at which the meet is run, which I'm sure is intentional.
              When you get a bunch of fast people together in a relaxed atmosphere with friendly winds (mostly), you will have fast times. Simple as that at Clermont.

Comment

The starts are a joke. It's always a green card. Said commentator Ato after a wild false start I saw,not Dqed. "Well, this is Florida . "We havent had the WC yet

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

When you get a bunch of fast people together in a relaxed atmosphere with friendly winds (mostly), you will have fast times. Simple as that at Clermont.
                  plus heat and humidity

Comment

• Not a result, but Hassan is finally making her outdoor debut in Portland on Friday. She's entered in the 5000m.

https://www.portlandtrack.com/entries-stumptown

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post
                      The starts are a joke. It's always a green card. Said commentator Ato after a wild false start I saw,not Dqed. "Well, this is Florida . "We havent had the WC yet
                      Says the guy who has never been there?

Comment

Says the guy who has never been there?
                        You must be proud of your clown status. !!

Comment

• I saw a post on Facebook that Jessica Hull ran a mile in 4:19.89 in a race in Oregon, Portland, wherever that is.There's a Twitter picture of her next to the result sign. It was at Jesuit High School, right near where I lived 1994-1997. I wasn't aware of a meet there. Nothing in T&F News' RESULTS links. Anyone have more info?
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank

Comment

• I watched it on Youtube yesterday. It wasn't a meet, just that one race set up for Hull's record mile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljh8OHMPSIM

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                              I saw a post on Facebook that Jessica Hull ran a mile in 4:19.89 in a race in Oregon, Portland, wherever that is.There's a Twitter picture of her next to the result sign. It was at Jesuit High School, right near where I lived 1994-1997. I wasn't aware of a meet there. Nothing in T&F News' RESULTS links. Anyone have more info?
                              Cheers,
                              Alan Shank
                              It was a women's mile (Union Athletics Mile) only.

https://live.athletictiming.net/meets/17287

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                                I saw a post on Facebook that Jessica Hull ran a mile in 4:19.89 in a race in Oregon, Portland, wherever that is.There's a Twitter picture of her next to the result sign. It was at Jesuit High School, right near where I lived 1994-1997. I wasn't aware of a meet there. Nothing in T&F News' RESULTS links. Anyone have more info?
                                Cheers,
                                Alan Shank
                                It was streamed live this past weekend. Here is the full video: https://youtu.be/ljh8OHMPSIM

Comment

Working...
                                X