Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, all.
    Looks like Koko and Sinclaire paced her. Very even splits.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
      I saw a post on Facebook that Jessica Hull ran a mile in 4:19.89 in a race in Oregon, Portland, wherever that is.There's a Twitter picture of her next to the result sign. It was at Jesuit High School, right near where I lived 1994-1997. I wasn't aware of a meet there. Nothing in T&F News' RESULTS links. Anyone have more info?
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      there was a post that inclluded a link to a news story about the race that went up on the Aussie results thread on Sunday. Story was also linked on our front page headlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
        Thanks, all.
        Looks like Koko and Sinclaire paced her. Very even splits.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        Great pacing job Koko...haha...she was never ahead of Hull.

I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
          Masilingi is also injured.
          Masilingi just ran 22.29 at the La Chaux-de-Fonds meet. Sure meet may be sketch, but definitely not injured considering that performance

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
            Sinclaire led all for about 1000, then Eleanor Fulton continued through 1200 or so---Fulton finished, but faded to 4:31!
            KK was 4th the whole way....or as far as they had her on camera---not even sure if she finished!

Comment

• Masilingi looked like she was limping while running tho, perhaps she just decided to get one race in before world champs despite not being at a 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                The results didn't show any splits for Klosterhalfen or Johnson, just DNF, so I was just guessing. Too bad; the race-analysis files DL meets provide show the pacers' splits up to when they dropped out, good information.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

• The 'race' starts at the 11:00 point of the video. Fulton was within 5 meters of Hull with 200 to go but really must've bonked after that, finishing 12 seconds behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljh8OHMPSIM
                  I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

• Hassan 15:14 at Stumptown Twilight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                      Hassan 15:14 at Stumptown Twilight.
                      Good, but not great. Not sure that's any indication of her fitness, but it's hard to pick her in the 5 or 10 to medal. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Good, but not great. Not sure that's any indication of her fitness, but it's hard to pick her in the 5 or 10 to medal. We shall see.
                        Yeah she definitely looks vulnerable. This is Gidey's best chance to win gold in the 10k.

Comment

Yeah she definitely looks vulnerable. This is Gidey's best chance to win gold in the 10k.
                          I'll be very surprised if Niyonsaba doesn't win twice. Those results looked etched last September.

Comment

Hassan 15:14 at Stumptown Twilight.
                            If you look at her splits, it looks like she was running a 10,000 pace -- kilos a bit over 3:00, laps between 72.5 and 74.9, until a 67.4 last lap. I'm guessing this was not a full effort, but getting the feeling for running at 10,000 pace. But who knows? I will be very surprised if she turns in a performance anything close to Doha (gold 1500 and 10,000) and Tokyo.(gold 5 and 10, silver 1500).

It seems likely that Niyonsaba will win the 5, and her threat in the 10,000 may cause Gidey, Taye, Obiri, Kipkemboi, et al to force the pace in the 10. Too bad the 10k finals are both scheduled between noon and 1 PM.
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank

Comment

• Aussie LJer Brooke Buschkuehl (nee Stratton) jumps NR and WL today in Chula Vista: 7.13m (+1.8).

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
                                Aussie LJer Brooke Buschkuehl (nee Stratton) jumps NR and WL today in Chula Vista: 7.13m (+1.8).
                                Time to go update my fantasy picks.

Tara Davis with a 7.24w and 7 03 legal too. Pity she had an off day at trials.

Comment

Working...
                                X