Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also at the Oregon Relays, Olin Hacker ran 13:19 without being in the slipstream of a lot of pro runners, and finished with a 2:00.0 last 800 with no company (putting away Anderson,
    Bienenfeld and Mwaura by about ten seconds over the last three laps). He is the son of Tim Hacker, so was no slouch in the 1980s and 1990s. Indoors he was a close fourth and actually had the second fastest run in just 0.12 slower than Nur - and did not get mentions in the T&FNews race review. The last ranking for outdoors did not have him in the top ten, I don't think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

Just did some research, and as far as I can tell, Boling is the only person other than Carl Lewis to run a sub-10 100m, a sub-20 200m, and jump 27ft+.
      That's a very elite club!
      I think Leroy Burrell had at least a wind aided 27’ jump.apparently he never had a legal sub 20 though.
      Last edited by highjumpfan; 04-24-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
        Just did some research, and as far as I can tell, Boling is the only person other than Carl Lewis to run a sub-10 100m, a sub-20 200m, and jump 27ft+.
        That's a very elite club!
        How about 8m+ ?

Comment

• I think Andrew Howe from Italy has gone sub-10, sub-20 and over 27 feet.

nevermind. Just checked iaaf and he’s not even close πŸ˜‚

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

not the greatest video but something... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAb8lGTMqVM
            I noticed something watching Boling's race. The American flags near the start and the shirts of people in the stands are showing what, given the wind reading of the race, must be a large but nearly perpendicular crosswind. You can hear it in the mic. How much can those help in the 200m?
            Ofili's sub 22 also shows a crosswind, compare the blue and white pennants behind the curve to pennants in the infield.
            I forget where I learned it, maybe Cub Scouts, but to estimate a wind speed, take the angle the flag makes with the pole in degrees and divide by 4 to get mph. So if the angle is 80 degrees, the estimate would be 20mph. In non-Freedom Units, that's like ~10m/s. Seems like it could help a bit! Still a legal wind with current rules and practices.

Comment

• Nick Christie and Miranda Melville won the USATF 20K race walk championships this morning in New York. Christie walked 1:24:36, while Melville clocked 1:36:01.

Results link -- https://elitefeats.com/race-results.asp?ID=22436

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                Nick Christie and Miranda Melville won the USATF 20K race walk championships this morning in New York. Christie walked 1:24:36, while Melville clocked 1:36:01.

Results link -- https://elitefeats.com/race-results.asp?ID=22436
                What's going on with Maria Michta-Coffey?
                She's the AR holder at 20K, but hasn't performed near that level for awhile now, and today walked over 13 minutes slower than her PR!

ADD: Checked results again, and now her time is faster by about 5 minutes!
                Was the slower time just a preliminary result, later revised?
                I was sure I saw it as 1:44 and change!

But even at 1:39, she still far off her best!
                Last edited by aaronk; 04-24-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

What's going on with Maria Michta-Coffey?
                  She's the AR holder at 20K, but hasn't performed near that level for awhile now, and today walked over 13 minutes slower than her PR!

ADD: Checked results again, and now her time is faster by about 5 minutes!
                  Was the slower time just a preliminary result, later revised?
                  I was sure I saw it as 1:44 and change!

But even at 1:39, she still far off her best!
                  She's also a couple of months from her 36th birthday.

Comment

• What's in the Texas water? Top 6 NCAA m400H:

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

She's also a couple of months from her 36th birthday.
                      I know!
                      But then, Robyn Stevens is almost 39, and her fastest section of 20K during her 35K at Dudince was 1:34:27 (from 8K to 27K)--faster than Melville--even though she was going 15K longer!!
                      And of course, faster than Maria as well!!
                      LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                        Allyson Felix 22.40 at South Carolina
                        Race video: https://youtu.be/6TtjaBGjIq4

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          You can NEVER be too fast, Even the fastest women only have to adjust their stride a little. The fastest men (GH in particular) have to shuffle (not bring their knees up), but even GH's 12.81 shows it's eminently doable with enough focus.
                          I have to disagree. Justin Gatlin was so fast he stopped running the hurdles. That is too fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack View Post

I noticed something watching Boling's race. The American flags near the start and the shirts of people in the stands are showing what, given the wind reading of the race, must be a large but nearly perpendicular crosswind. You can hear it in the mic. How much can those help in the 200m?
                            Ofili's sub 22 also shows a crosswind, compare the blue and white pennants behind the curve to pennants in the infield.
                            I forget where I learned it, maybe Cub Scouts, but to estimate a wind speed, take the angle the flag makes with the pole in degrees and divide by 4 to get mph. So if the angle is 80 degrees, the estimate would be 20mph. In non-Freedom Units, that's like ~10m/s. Seems like it could help a bit! Still a legal wind with current rules and practices.
                            You can see the flag as a crosswind in relation to the curve but not the straight away. It is clearly a headwind down the stretch.

Comment

• Are the results from the Tru Fit meet on Saturday posted anywhere online yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by highjumpfan View Post
                                I have to disagree. Justin Gatlin was so fast he stopped running the hurdles. That is too fast!
                                Nah, he stopped for the same reason Carl Lewis did (and Carol did not) - he found out he could win without the hurdles and that was that - no need to deal with the vicissitudes of the barriers.

Comment

Working...
                                X