Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Richardson vs Thomas in NYC this coming weekend. Thomas is doing both the 100m and 200m

https://nygp.globalathletics.com/spr...on-sun-jun-12/
    And guess who appears unhappy about USATF promoting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

https://twitter.com/itskerrii/status...89908985790465
      Truly bizarre. Get this woman an advisor.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
        https://twitter.com/itskerrii/status...89908985790465
        I'm confused. Don't professional athletes WANT meet directors to promote their meets to attract more spectators? Isn't that want professional athletes expect?

Comment

• Some of the tweets in that thread are not any better.

Comment

• I have this vague Spidey sense there's a growing movement among modern track athletes to push back against people making money off their NIL when they don't get any of it back themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              I have this vague Spidey sense there's a growing movement among modern track athletes to push back against people making money off their NIL when they don't get any of it back themselves.
              πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Ž!!!

Comment

• Does not she get paid for these meets? And who owns the image they are using that she is so upset about? Does not NIL have to do mainly with NCAA?

Comment

• Jesus Christ!! The online altercation between sha Carri and Rae's take on twitter is WILD!! Like ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                    I have this vague Spidey sense there's a growing movement among modern track athletes to push back against people making money off their NIL when they don't get any of it back themselves.
                    Beyond promotion of the meets they are competing in, how often would this be occuring for a professional T&F athlete?

I could understand concerns if promoters were misleading the public as to the intention of an athlete to appear, but surely that isn't an overly smart business practice (i.e. spectators would soon release they are being burned).

Comment

• Richardson is a lot more astute than people give her credit for. 2.1 million followers on Instagram and 500,000 on Twitter. A good performance in this World Championships and she'll be making millions if she isn't already.

Comment

• Sure, but griping about having her mage used to promote a meet she IS competing in still comes across as petty...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post
                          Richardson is a lot more astute than people give her credit for. 2.1 million followers on Instagram and 500,000 on Twitter. A good performance in this World Championships and she'll be making millions if she isn't already.
                          If her petulance is all an act, she's the new Meryl Streep! I can't give her credit for that kind of PR genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            If her petulance is all an act, she's the new Meryl Streep! I can't give her credit for that kind of PR genius.
                            Those facts says more about Instagram and Twitter followers than Richardson..Ah, social mediaπŸ˜’

Comment

• NYC w10K road race

Tefere 30:43
                              Lokedi 30:52
                              D'Amato 31:03
                              Tuliamuk 31:08
                              Sisson 31:29
                              S Hall 31:41
                              Durgin 31:43

Implications on USATF 5000?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                NYC w10K road race

Tefere 30:43
                                Lokedi 30:52
                                D'Amato 31:03
                                Tuliamuk 31:08
                                Sisson 31:29
                                S Hall 31:41
                                Durgin 31:43

Implications on USATF 5000?
                                Very few or none, I'd say. Of the 5 Americans listed there only one, Sisson, was likely to do the 5000 and be in the frame to make the team. However, she's said she's not doing a track season this year and wants to get in a load of road races before getting back to the marathon.

Comment

Working...
                                X