Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steveu View Post
    Yes, he did ... 287-9 (3,7 US) and 2 other throws over 82m
    Also, Avione Allgood 203-10 (6,x US), Ari Ince 203-8 (3 over 61m)
    Full Results: https://www.nationalscholastic.org/f...ults_-_all.htm
    1 # 22 Curtis Thompson Birmingham-A 87.70m 287-09 2 83.32m 87.70m 82.18m 75.23m PASS PASS
    Hmmmm . . . just hmmmm . . .

Comment

Didn't Tara Davis jump 23-9 in Chula Vista today, too?
      Yes, but that mark was wind-aided (+2.8). However her wind-legal best today was a season best 7.03/23-0¾ (+1.8)

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Why do you say that?

Comment

Why do you say that?
          Just musing on anomalous news. Dohaesque winds?

Comment

Just musing on anomalous news. Dohaesque winds?
            I was there and while the mild winds might have been favorable, there were plenty of throwers who did not experience dramatic PRs. Let's hope Curtis, Avione and our others back it up in Eugene!

Comment

You have plenty of time to ruin your picks!!

Comment

I was there and while the mild winds might have been favorable, there were plenty of throwers who did not experience dramatic PRs. Let's hope Curtis, Avione and our others back it up in Eugene!
                Allgood-Whetstone is not on the entry list for the upcoming World Championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Allgood-Whetstone is not on the entry list for the upcoming World Championships.
                  Right ... I keep forgetting, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                    You have plenty of time to ruin your picks!!
                    Last minute great results are gaudy temptations, but I can EFF up my picks just as easily with old news!

Comment

The USC-UCLA dual meet is a pale shadow of what it was the the 60s and 70s.
                      Man, do I lament the passing of the great T & F tradition of UCLA. Had hoped for some kind of return with coaching changes but the Bush/Tellez years are distant past. Looking at those 400 times you posted....John Smith & Wayne Collett still primarily ran the 440 so their times not listed in current records. If there was a collegiate HOF for T & F, I would put UCLA's contribution against any other school's.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MoodyBruin View Post

Man, do I lament the passing of the great T & F tradition of UCLA. Had hoped for some kind of return with coaching changes but the Bush/Tellez years are distant past. Looking at those 400 times you posted....John Smith & Wayne Collett still primarily ran the 440 so their times not listed in current records. If there was a collegiate HOF for T & F, I would put UCLA's contribution against any other school's.....

USTFCCCA started a Collegiate HOF this year, was announced on our home page in April.

http://www.ustfccca.org/2022/04/feat...ry-track-field

The first class, 30-deep includes only JJK from UCLA.

Comment

• New Haven & USATF 20K Road Championships---

Connor Mantz takes the Men's race in 59:09----about 62:30 for a Half!
                          Keira D'Amato's 64:29 beats Emily Sisson's 64:35---about 68:00 & 68:05 Half pace!
                          Last edited by aaronk; 09-05-2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

USTFCCCA started a Collegiate HOF this year, was announced on our home page in April.

http://www.ustfccca.org/2022/04/feat...ry-track-field

The first class, 30-deep includes only JJK from UCLA.
                            I do not think the first induction class for the Collegiate HOF would be a good indication of the all-time weighted contributions of specific institutions. There may have been an attempt to spread the first class over eras and events. USC and Oregon and Arkansas also have just one inductee.

Institutions with two inductees: Abilene Christian, Nebraska, Tennessee State, Villanova and Washington State.

Comment

Working...
                            X