Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Outdoor HS Results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022 Outdoor HS Results

    Yup, the Florida outdoor season has begun. The first big meet is the Louie Bing Inv in Miami, today and tomorrow, and the comps are tough.

    you can follow here.

    http://files.milesplit.us/live_resul...028/index.html

  • #2
    Colin Sahlman 8:33.32 3200, looks like that's somewhere in the A-T top 5.

    https://finishedresults.trackscorebo...vents/10/Final

    Comment


    • #3
      Off the top of my head, I'm thinking (4,5)

      Plus, Young gets the family record. Good gracious, three guys at 8:43?

      Comment


      • #4
        At the same meet the younger Sahlman brother Aaron soloed the full mile in 4:05 flat (second place was 4:17).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gm View Post
          Colin Sahlman 8:33.32 3200, looks like that's somewhere in the A-T top 5.

          https://finishedresults.trackscorebo...vents/10/Final
          Using T&FN/BGB conversion to 2 Miles results in 8:36.32y which would place it #4 (just after Jeff Nelson's 8:36.3)

          Not clear from the results if there is an official 3000m time. Could be top 5 absolute, but likely not faster than the 7:57.06 Lex Young ran two weeks ago indoors (at Dr. Sander Inv).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
            Using T&FN/BGB conversion to 2 Miles results in 8:36.32y which would place it #4 (just after Jeff Nelson's 8:36.3)
            T&FN Absolute list
            .
            2 MILES
            8:29.46 *Lukas Verzbicas’ (Sandburg, Orland Park, Illinois) 2011
            8:34.40 German Fernandez (Riverbank, California) 2008
            8:36.3 Jeff Nelson (Burbank, California) 1979
            .
            I am not a BBTMer, but this race shoulda been 2M, not 3200 - or at least had a camera at 2M. They knew he'd be fast.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              ...this race shoulda been 2M, not 3200
              Agreed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                I am not a BBTMer, but this race shoulda been 2M, not 3200 - or at least had a camera at 2M. They knew he'd be fast.
                Only a few members of this board would care about a 2-mile time.

                Should be a 3000 to begin with.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gm View Post

                  Only a few members of this board would care about a 2-mile time.

                  Should be a 3000 to begin with.
                  How about calling it a 3218 Meter Run, and satisfy everyone?!
                  LOL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gm View Post

                    Only a few members of this board would care about a 2-mile time.
                    Count me in as one of the few, the proud . . . no, I wasn't a Marine.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sadie Engelhardt just ran the full mile in 4:38.24 at Azuza Pacific, smashing the Frosh Class record!!!
                      However, Mary Cain's Frosh Class record for 1500 (4:17.84 in 2011) is quite a bit faster (worth a 4:35 mile?)!!
                      Last edited by aaronk; 02-20-2022, 07:40 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

                        Using T&FN/BGB conversion to 2 Miles results in 8:36.32y which would place it #4 (just after Jeff Nelson's 8:36.3)

                        .....
                        math not my strong suit, but I make the conversion to be 8:36.30, placing it just ahead of Nelson.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If the time is "converted" to 8:36.3x, then that would make it (3,3). I believe Jack's convention is to place any 8:36.3x ahead of an 8:36.3h, regardless of the value of x.

                          (Aside, my personal approach is to use 1.006 as the multiplier, rather than the direct distance ratio of 1.00584. That would convert Sahlman's time to 8:36.40.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gm View Post

                            Only a few members of this board would care about a 2-mile time.

                            Should be a 3000 to begin with.
                            I'd prefer a 2 mile as well with the HSers over a 3200 for certain and also a 3000. It should have been either 2 miles or 3000m.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                              Sadie Engelhardt just ran the full mile in 4:38.24 at Azuza Pacific, smashing the Frosh Class record!!!
                              However, Mary Cain's Frosh Class record for 1500 (4:17.84 in 2011) is quite a bit faster (worth a 4:35 mile?)!!
                              Nope, Cain’s time converts to 4:38.47.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X