Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 06 issue

Just got the new issue (1st class is great!) and want to congratulate the Mountain View gang on a superb job. I don't know much about photography, but I think the photos in this issue are unusually good...and there may be more of them than in the past. I love the X-C shot on the table of contents page...and there are many other really good ones.

For anyone on this board wondering if it's worth subscribing to the mag, the answer is YES. With the photos, the stories, profiles, etc., it provides much more than the bare-bones "results" that we all know can be gotten off the web.

Nice job, guys.

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that this is the first issue with the word "fart." :!:

II March 1972, page 27, story by Ted Brock on Hayward State coach Mal Andrews, written in a very gonzo style (Brock went on to work for NFL publicity):

<<.... Two sentences and a media fart in the face for a track meet that had attempted a statemement about.... >>

You don't forget a sentence like that one quickly!

Comment

ps--thanks for the kind words! They make the long hours seem a lot shorter for all concerned.

Comment

Re: April 06 issue

Originally posted by kuha
        I don't know much about photography, . . .
        Tafny Lifetime Achievement Award-Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          II March 1972, page 27, story by Ted Brock on Hayward State coach Mal Andrews, written in a very gonzo style (Brock went on to work for NFL publicity):

<<.... Two sentences and a media fart in the face for a track meet that had attempted a statemement about.... >>

You don't forget a sentence like that one quickly!
          Wow! You either have 20/20 recall or were ready & waiting for someone to ask this question!

Comment

Re: April 06 issue

Originally posted by tafnut
            I don't know much about photography, . . .
            Tafny Lifetime Achievement Award-Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Absolutely. :lol: :lol:

Comment

The latter..... 30 years ago, Al Gore and I were sitting around and I said, "You know, Al, after you invent the Internet, I just know we'll eventually have a message board, and somebody's going to ask when 'fart' first appeared in T&FN, so let me make a note of it."

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                The latter..... 30 years ago, Al Gore and I were sitting around and I said, "You know, Al, after you invent the Internet, I just know we'll eventually have a message board, and somebody's going to ask when 'fart' first appeared in T&FN, so let me make a note of it."
                Glad I could be the straight man, here! 8)

Comment

Without going into the specifics of kuha's bio, I have met the guy, and I was so star-struck, I had him autograph two of his HUGE coffee-table books about photography. He was recently featured on a national network show for his expertise in the field. I doubt anyone would know him by name, but if I told you his job and his credentials, you'd understand why this had to win a Tafny!

gh, you just got props from The Man (altho I suspect you knew that from your answer).

[and - he's also a world-class nice guy]

Comment

Without going into the specifics of kuha's bio, I have met the guy, and I was so star-struck, I had him autograph two of his HUGE coffee-table books about photography. He was recently featured on a national network show for his expertise in the field. I doubt anyone would know him by name, but if I told you his job and his credentials, you'd understand why this had to win a Tafny!

gh, you just got props from The Man (altho I suspect you knew that from your answer).

[and - he's also a world-class nice guy]
                    Well, when you subtract the hype, hyperbole, and flat-out hallucinations, it remains true that I've met tafnut. He's a bit nutty, but a great guy!

Comment

I had him autograph two of his HUGE coffee-table books about photography.
                      kuha is Kramer? Whoda thunk it.

http://edition.cnn.com/books/news/9805/ ... table.cnn/

Comment

I've met tafnut. He's a bit nutty . . .
                        Oh great - THAT should dispel all the rumors!

Comment

I've met tafnut. He's a bit nutty . . .
                          Oh great - THAT should dispel all the rumors!
                          Hey, I'm here to help...

Comment

it remains true that I've met tafnut. He's a bit nutty, but a great guy!
                            Yup!

Comment

I just might get my first T&FN Magazine next month.

Comment

Working...
                              X