Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don Styron, 21,9 (200m LH WR)13,9. 49,9
    Dave Styron 9,4 (100y AmJr.R), 20,6, 45.7, 25’
    Wheat Ridge, CO HS, NE LA (U of LA Monroe)

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
      Mastalirs immediately come to mind. At a slightly lower level, Frank & Chuck Assuma. And at a yet more slightly lower level, the Stonerocks from Saugus.

Pretty sure Alvin & Calvin weren't twins.
      Calvin and Alvin Harrison were both born on January 20, 1974 (same hospital).

Comment

Don't forget the Kallur sisters

Comment

Nigeria’s Ezinwa twins from the 90’s, Davidson (9.91) & Osmomd (10.05).

Comment

NZ has the Robertson twins - Jake and Zane. Jake's PB's: 13:15.54, 27:30.90, 27:28 10k road, 59:58 half, and 2:08:26. Zane's PB's: 13:13.83, 27:30.90, 27:28 10k road (identical to his brother!), 59:47 half and 2:08:19.
            Those times are all remarkably similar, and apart from the 5000m times were all in different years. Zane also has a 3:34.19 1500m, 3:53.72 mile, and a 7:41.37 3000m.

Comment

How could I forget the Ezinwas? I announced the "9.91" and saw them run many times at APU.

That data on the Robertsons is incredible - *identical* 10k times??

Comment

That data on the Robertsons is incredible - *identical* 10k times??[/QUOTE]

Zane ran his 27:28 in Berlin, Germany on 9/10/16
                Jake ran the same time at the Crescent City Classic on 31/3/18.
                All the road records as well as the 10000m are NZ records, and for both the 10000m and marathon one of the (twin) brothers broke the other's record.

Comment

Originally posted by nztrackfan View Post
                  Zane ran his 27:28 in Berlin, Germany on 9/10/16
                  Jake ran the same time at the Crescent City Classic on 31/3/18.
                  All the road records as well as the 10000m are NZ records, and for both the 10000m and marathon one of the (twin) brothers broke the other's record.
                  The track times are the really amazing ones - equal to the hundredth!

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                    The track times are the really amazing ones - equal to the hundredth!
                    Oops - apologies - that was a typing error. Zane's 10000m time is actually 27:33.67. Still close enough!.

Comment

How about another set of Pole vault twins, of which one made the US olympic team alongside Lexi Weeks in 2016. Cale Simmons was an 18 footer and made the 2016 team and his identical twin Rob also cleared 18 feet. My jumpers used to compete against them. They also might be the tallest lightest vaulters ever. Cale was 6 feet tall and weighed 145.

https://www.denverpost.com/2013/05/2...-vaulters-too/

Comment

Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
                        How about another set of Pole vault twins, of which one made the US olympic team alongside Lexi Weeks in 2016. Cale Simmons was an 18 footer and made the 2016 team and his identical twin Rob also cleared 18 feet. My jumpers used to compete against them. They also might be the tallest lightest vaulters ever. Cale was 6 feet tall and weighed 145.

https://www.denverpost.com/2013/05/2...-vaulters-too/
                        Wow, talk about names out of nowhere!!
                        Until your reminder, I'd forgotten Cale Simmons even existed, let alone was an Olympian!!
                        They certainly challenge the former Weeks twins as a high-falutin' (pun intended!) PV duo!!
                        AND they even have a PV'ing sister!
                        (I don't believe Tori & Lexi, or Hana & Amanda have a brother who Vaults!!)

There are other sibling combo's who PV---the Lavillenie's come to mind---but none I know to be twins!!

Comment

At the Penn Relays today, there was a high school girls relay team that had triplets on it + one other runner! I think their name was the Sharps and they did quite well. I was busy officiating but maybe someone else has more info.

Comment

Atticus must have taken a nap on this one. How about the Hauser twins from Stanford? I think Brad made an Olympic team at 5000m.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                              Don Styron, 21,9 (200m LH WR)13,9. 49,9
                              Dave Styron 9,4 (100y AmJr.R), 20,6, 45.7, 25’
                              Wheat Ridge, CO HS, NE LA (U of LA Monroe)
                              The Styrons were who I was recalling.

Comment

The Clayton twins from Jamaica, Tina and Tia, were on the U20 world record setting 4x100 about 10 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X