Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Wow, talk about names out of nowhere!!
    Until your reminder, I'd forgotten Cale Simmons even existed, let alone was an Olympian!!
    They certainly challenge the former Weeks twins as a high-falutin' (pun intended!) PV duo!!
    AND they even have a PV'ing sister!
    (I don't believe Tori & Lexi, or Hana & Amanda have a brother who Vaults!!)

There are other sibling combo's who PV---the Lavillenie's come to mind---but none I know to be twins!!
    Two other French pairs :
    - the Collet : Mathieu (5.74i) and Thibaut (5.81i), of course sons of Philippe (5.94i)
    - the Lachheb TWINS : Taoufik (5.65i) and Khalid (5.80), born in 1975. They were both on the European U20 Championship podium in 1993 (2nd and 1st), Khalid was also a Universiade winner in 1997 and 5th at the Euros in 1998.

Comment

A front page story says Hana and Amanda Moll are both signed to UDub (University of Washington in Seattle)!
      So, besides the Twins rivalry between the (former) Weeks girls and the Molls, we'll now have an Arkansas vs Washington rivalry as well.
      Both schools have had a strong history in the Women's Pole Vault!
      (I'll research the stats soon!)

Comment

Neither Lexi Jacobus nor Tori Hoggard have vaulted competitively since 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
          Neither Lexi Jacobus nor Tori Hoggard have vaulted competitively since 2020.
          I know, but now I'm thinking of the more general question of which school has a better All Time record in the Women's Pole Vault---twins or not!

INdoors
          Arkansas dominates, with three 15 footers (Morris, Jacobus, Sutej), and 4 others at 14-8.75 or better (Hoggard, Fassold, Campbell, and Martinez)!
          Washington has one at 15 (Gruver), one at 14-7.25 (Cruz), and 3 more at 14-2 or higher (Soma, Quick, and Owsinski)
          (Note: We don't need to worry about UDub's oversize track in this event!! LOL)

OUTdoors
          The Razorbacks dominate here too, with three 15 footers (Morris, Jacobus, Sutej), and 4 more at 14-8.75 or better (Hoggard, Fassold, Campbell, and Martinez).
          Washington has Gruver at 15-6.25, with 5 others at 14-1.25 or higher (Owsinski, Miller, Quick, Soma, and Cruz---but Owsinski is at just 14-5.25, more than a foot behind Gruver!!

Assuming both Molls will be competing INdoors, I see them both reaching 15, which would give Washington three 15 women, tying them with Arkansas!
          Same with OUTdoors!!
          Who will be the Molls's back-up in the PV at UDub??
          Who is the best now at Arkansas?

Comment

If this thread has expanded from twins to brothers/sisters, I believe Mondo has both, who have cleared bars.

Comment

There were identical triplets from a Baltic country (Estonia?) in a recent marathon, I think Tokyo Oag

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
                There were identical triplets from a Baltic country (Estonia?) in a recent marathon, I think Tokyo Oag
                Yes, Estonian triplets Leila, Liina and Lily Liuk. In competing in the marathon at Rio 2016 they were the first triplets to compete at the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by dj View Post
                  Back to the question about twins:
                  I was going to say my sets of twins would take us back to ancient days
                  I recall that British Statistician Andrew Huxtable [ATFS/NUTS] had studied twins in athletics for many years. Anyone have any of his work, which included World and UK all-time lists?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎