Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Penn Relays

the meet just tweeted that Allyson Felix won't be competing.

Was looking forward to seeing her run her first outdoor 300. And her 22.40 showed she is clearly in good form. Hopefully, it's just scheduling and not injury.

Comment

Too bad; she coulda sold some shoes there.

Comment

Mildly surprised McLaughlin is running, if her hamstring issue from a couple weeks ago was legit. Not sure a sprint hurdle race in cool weather is what the doctor ordered...
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
          Mildly surprised McLaughlin is running, if her hamstring issue from a couple weeks ago was legit. Not sure a sprint hurdle race in cool weather is what the doctor ordered...
          I've done all the running, jumping. hurdling events (the only ones I haven't done are the Steeple, Marathon and Hammer . . . and Walks!) and I can say with rigid certainty that none strain the hamstring more than a fast short hurdles race!

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
            I was also very surprised to see McLaughlin scheduled to run the 100H at Penn.

I don't think that she faked a hamstring problem to get out of the Boston DMR recently. Maybe there was just some hamstring tightness and not an actual injury. A few days of rest and therapy and she might be fine. But I also wouldn't be surprised for her to end up not running at Penn.

Comment

A link to my Penn Relays Preview (from the front page)
              https://trackandfieldnews.com/walt-m...elays-preview/

Comment

The 600 will be run from the normal start line with a one-turn stagger like an 800 but finish 200 meters sooner on the south side back straight.

The 300 will be like a horse shoe starting coming into the north straight and finishing on the south straight. The 300 staggers have been on the track in past years for some high school hurdle races in other meets although Penn Relays always had 400 hurdles for the high schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy View Post
                  A link to my Penn Relays Preview (from the front page)
                  https://trackandfieldnews.com/walt-m...elays-preview/
                  Thanks - you da man!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    the meet just tweeted that Allyson Felix won't be competing.
                    The meet is being disingenuous in this matter. They were informed, as soon as it was announced, that AF was not running the 300 at this meet. NBC, who first went public about the announcement, was also informed. The meet chose to withhold this information until the week of the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by TF4Ever View Post

The meet is being disingenuous in this matter. They were informed, as soon as it was announced, that AF was not running the 300 at this meet. NBC, who first went public about the announcement, was also informed. The meet chose to withhold this information until the week of the meet.
                      Typical behavior!
                      Sell the tickets, THEN inform ticket buyers they're NOT getting what they paid for!!
                      LOL

Comment

Short article on Franklin Field.

https://www.thedp.com/article/2019/0...me%20in%201960.

Comment

Hydel HS of Jamaica just ran a Relays record of 3:32.77 to win the 4 X 400!!
                          Anchor ran 51.42!

ADD: Just saw that the old record was also by Hydel from 2017, and had Charokee Young on the team--running 53.31 on 3rd leg---and that was just 3rd fastest on the team!!
                          HUGE improvements since!!
                          Last edited by aaronk; 04-29-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            Hydel HS of Jamaica just ran a Relays record of 3:32.77 to win the 4 X 400!!
                            Anchor ran 51.42!

ADD: Just saw that the old record was also by Hydel from 2017, and had Charokee Young on the team--running 53.31 on 3rd leg---and that was just 3rd fastest on the team!!
                            HUGE improvements since!!
                            That would be Supergirl aka Brianna Lyston who has run 11.14 (and 11.26 w-2.8 an 11.03 w0.0 equiv) 22.53 w-1.6 and a 50.8 anchor this year
                            why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Sage Hurta just won the 800 in 1:59.76, and 2nd went to HS'er Juliet Whittaker, time of 2:01.55!!
                              That's Hurta's first sub-2, I believe!

Comment

Working...
                              X