Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sha'Carri Richardson Vs USA Anti-doping etc

Has anyone seen her twitter recently? Does anyone know whats happened?

These tweets are strange.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Very strange! Wondering if we will see her do anything meaningful in the future. Sure hope so!

Comment

Shacarri is always popping off about something. However they did her dirty last year. Weed is a performance disenhancer in the sprints and is legal in Oregon for personal use. I truly thought USATF was going to use some common sense but alas

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
        Shacarri is always popping off about something. However they did her dirty last year. Weed is a performance disenhancer in the sprints and is legal in Oregon for personal use. I truly thought USATF was going to use some common sense but alas
        she was suspended by USADA, not USATF

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

she was suspended by USADA, not USATF
          Yeah but her pot ban was up before the Olympic 4x100
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

Yeah but her pot ban was up before the Olympic 4x100
            Unfortunately, since her 100m results were taken away, selecting her for the relay would have set a precedent I'm guessing they just didnt want. Essentially selecting an athlete who "didnt compete at Trials" to go to the Olympics. Granted USATF skirts/makes up rules all the time.

Comment

They changed the relay qualification rule last year to allow for exactly that. Why change a rule if you're concerned someone will use it and set a "precedent'?
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Why are we even talking about this woman?
                Let her run a time of 10.80, and then there will be something to talk about!
                Otherwise, she's like a mosquito!
                Get out the calamine lotion!
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                  They changed the relay qualification rule last year to allow for exactly that.
                  I didnt know that

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    Why are we even talking about this woman?
                    Let her run a time of 10.80, and then there will be something to talk about!
                    Otherwise, she's like a mosquito!
                    Get out the calamine lotion!
                    LOL
                    " I second that emotion..."

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
                      That's 1 state in 50 in 1 country in about 200. I know it is legal in some other states and countries (and am open to the idea in my own one) but for me it isn't a valid argument in an international sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

That's 1 state in 50 in 1 country in about 200. I know it is legal in some other states and countries (and am open to the idea in my own one) but for me it isn't a valid argument in an international sport.
                        Oregon is the state that the USATF chooses to have almost all of its major events in though, like the 2021 Olympic Trials. It also is not the only state in the union where marijuana is legal for personal use, a number which is increasing every year. DQing someone for marijuana, which is not a performance enhancer, makes about as much sense, especially these days, as DQing them for drinking cocktails.

Comment

Originally posted by Al in NYC View Post

Oregon is the state that the USATF chooses to have almost all of its major events in though, like the 2021 Olympic Trials. It also is not the only state in the union where marijuana is legal for personal use, a number which is increasing every year. DQing someone for marijuana, which is not a performance enhancer, makes about as much sense, especially these days, as DQing them for drinking cocktails.
                          I suspect USATF choosing to hold many of its events in Oregon is totally unrelated to the legal status of marijuana in the state. USADA had little choice but to DQ SCR as US athletes in Olympic sports have to be subject to the same doping rules as the rest of the world. If you want marijuana removed as a banned substance it is WADA that your complaint is with.

Comment

Weed remains illegal per the Federal Government. Even if I were to imbibe a small amount in Oregon, it could result in me losing my SECRET clearance. I would be comfortable with the Feds, and USADA, legalizing weed. But I expect that sort of change will result from a more thoughtful and considered position than as a knee-jerk reaction cobbled together quickly.

Comment

A friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X