This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    She has her followers and if and when she runs again, there will be MANY eyeballs on her!
    IF Gatlin races again, he would attract a lot of eyeballs. Or Bolt, for that matter...

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
      IF Gatlin races again, he would attract a lot of eyeballs. Or Bolt, for that matter...
      Since they are done, and hopefully she is in MID-career, her next race is the most interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

Oh Mr Mitchell 😃
        First of all sir, I DO NOT AGREE WITH SCR but support her right to speak. Second I love Steiner... she's a badass... period. I hope these ladies go at it at the USA's(hate all the work Steiner is doing) And then I want to see them both on our WC 4X100 against Jamaica 😉
        Well then, it looks like we're on the same page! Me too almost exactly what you said. I hope she and Steiner form the foundation for a decade of dominance. (Except I don't know what you mean by "hate all the work Steiner is doing." Do you fear overtraining/injury?)

S'all good, man!
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Well then, it looks like we're on the same page! Me too almost exactly what you said. I hope she and Steiner form the foundation for a decade of dominance. (Except I don't know what you mean by "hate all the work Steiner is doing." Do you fear overtraining/injury?)

S'all good, man!
          Yep...the vets are going slow bidding their training time...she may be spent by the USA's... same thing happened to Laird last year.

Comment

• So, in her latest Instagram stories, she posts that she has been in a relationship with a Jamaican athlete, who "stole from her and abused her". She said she kept the athletes name from the public to protect them from the backlash they would get back home, but that she (Sha'Carri herself) is still healing from this relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
              So, in her latest Instagram stories, she posts that she has been in a relationship with a Jamaican athlete, who "stole from her and abused her". She said she kept the athletes name from the public to protect them from the backlash they would get back home, but that she (Sha'Carri herself) is still healing from this relationship.
              Uh huh.
              Right.
              Yes, I agree.
              No, I don't think she's nuts!
              Is it ET-H, SAFP, UB, AF, or Bolt's pet elephant?
              LOL

Comment

So, in her latest Instagram stories, she posts that she has been in a relationship with a Jamaican athlete, who "stole from her and abused her". She said she kept the athletes name from the public to protect them from the backlash they would get back home, but that she (Sha'Carri herself) is still healing from this relationship.
                This is so crazy? Did'nt she by all accounts indicate that she was in a same sex relationship last year? So I'm assuming a Jamaican female athlete? I mean I can be wrong. SCR needs to take this season off, relax and then come back fresh next season.

Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Yes, it would be a female Jamaican athlete. It may not be a top elite athlete, or even a sprinter, we don't know, but as she was 'protecting them' from any backlash back home, one assumes a high level international athlete who is not out.

Anyway, the point is, she is suffering in multiple aspects of her life at the moment, so one should have some empathy and excuse some of her outbursts. She's hurting.

Comment

Anyway, the point is, she is suffering in multiple aspects of her life at the moment, so one should have some empathy and excuse some of her outbursts. She's hurting.
                    That is certainly my impression. Though she seems to be craving attention, it's best to just leave her be.

Comment

• Originally posted by adirondack View Post
                      Sha’Carri isn’t wrong,
                      Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think Richardson is dead wrong. Race may play a factor when Steiner negotiates her first contract but all the attention that she's gotten up until this has been solely based on her performances lest we remember that Steiner was undefeated against Ofili before Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        That is certainly my impression. Though she seems to be craving attention, it's best to just leave her be.
                        Tough to ignore someone who's constantly pushing herself in your face!!
                        As for her "suffering in multiple aspects of her life", I could sympathize, but then why doesn't she seek help?
                        If she has a girlfriend, or whatever, why doesn't SHE take Sha'Carri to see someone who can help her?
                        Or do it herself?
                        If I were Sha'Carri's friend, I'd be seeing all the signs of her depression, and try to quiet her soul!
                        She doesn't seem to WANT to be quieted!!

Comment

• Meanwhile, back at the track, I think she will be a no show in Eugene this summer either at the USA Championships or Worlds. Which may be the last thing on her mind at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            why doesn't she seek help?
                            a. none of our business
                            b. usually part of the 'problem'.
                            c. do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Uh huh.
                              Right.
                              Yes, I agree.
                              No, I don't think she's nuts!
                              Is it ET-H, SAFP, UB, AF, or Bolt's pet elephant?
                              LOL
                              Maybe it is time we all STFU and let this run its course without our (including mine) generally ill-conceived opinions. We like to think we know but we really don't know!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think Richardson is dead wrong. Race may play a factor when Steiner negotiates her first contract but all the attention that she's gotten up until this has been solely based on her performances lest we remember that Steiner was undefeated against Ofili before Saturday.
                                One other factor in play here is that Steiner is American and Ofili is not. WA may not care about that nor many if not most on this board but the US media and more casual fans do.

Comment

Working...
                                X