Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.
    —Freewheelin' Franklin

Comment

As it happens, it was the US that pushed for the inclusion of marihuana on the banned list in international sports
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

With the news that Richardson has unsurprisingly pulled out of her third season-opening meet this year I would make the observation that she reminds one of Bianca Knight - once she got paid her attention to the sport ...wandered. Judging by Richardson's social media I'm not sure track is a priority these days. But we shall see soon enough.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
          Judging by Richardson's social media I'm not sure track is a priority these days. But we shall see soon enough.
          About 2 weeks ago, Sha'Carri Richardson wrote on social media that she wasn't going to let track tell her how to live her life. That was right around the time she posted some video clips on April 20 (420 day) where she appears to be high. She needs to decide which direction she wants her life to go in.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
            With the news that Richardson has unsurprisingly pulled out of her third season-opening meet this year. . . I'm not sure track is a priority these days.
            Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
            About 2 weeks ago, Sha'Carri Richardson wrote on social media that she wasn't going to let track tell her how to live her life. That was right around the time she posted some video clips on April 20 (420 day) where she appears to be high.
            No judgment, but it sure seems as though she has to re-examine her priorities. If T&F is not among them, so be it, and we wish her well.

Comment

Originally posted by schigh View Post
              Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.
              —Freewheelin' Franklin
              My favorite is from the 60's---
              There's no hope for the Pope without dope!

Apologies to all Catholics reading this!
              LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Unfortunately, since her 100m results were taken away, selecting her for the relay would have set a precedent I'm guessing they just didnt want. Essentially selecting an athlete who "didnt compete at Trials" to go to the Olympics. Granted USATF skirts/makes up rules all the time.
                Well, Anthuan Maybank crossed the line 5th in the 1996 Olympic Trials 400m. He got disqualified for a lane infraction. They put him in the relay pool anyway. Good thing, because with Michael Johnson and Butch Reynolds injured, the US needed him. He ran a storming anchor leg to hold off Roger Black for the gold.

I was shocked when Sha'Carri was not put in the 4 x 100 relay pool.

Comment

About 2 weeks ago, Sha'Carri Richardson wrote on social media that she wasn't going to let track tell her how to live her life. That was right around the time she posted some video clips on April 20 (420 day) where she appears to be high. She needs to decide which direction she wants her life to go in.
                  So she's done with Track & Field? Surely she wasn't smoking in April Jesus? I hope not, a proper talent.
                  Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

So she's done with Track & Field? Surely she wasn't smoking in April Jesus? I hope not, a proper talent.
                    Not only is she not competing, I doubt she is even training at a moderately serious level! Come on SCR please prove me wrong!!
                    Last edited by SoCal45; 05-06-2022, 01:38 AM.

Comment

It seems that Sha'Carri Richardson has not matured from her departure of LSU to make the transition to Professional Track & Field worldwide.It was'nt the Training,Coach,Agent,and or the Nike contract.But the ability to mature into adulthood,her mental health,and making the transition to being an individual professional person in Track & Field.We may never see her get back to a competitive state like she was in 2019 at the NCAA Championships.
                      "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

I was looking forward to SCR injecting talent and personality into the world's elite women's sprint corp. I was disappointed and frustrated by her unconscionable use of marijuana in that circumstance after demonstrating
                        her unquestionable talent. I hope she will drop her defiant attitude and get back on the track.

Comment

Intervention is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Michaelson View Post

Well, Anthuan Maybank crossed the line 5th in the 1996 Olympic Trials 400m. He got disqualified for a lane infraction. They put him in the relay pool anyway. Good thing, because with Michael Johnson and Butch Reynolds injured, the US needed him. He ran a storming anchor leg to hold off Roger Black for the gold.

I was shocked when Sha'Carri was not put in the 4 x 100 relay pool.
                            I wonder if this is a case of "as long as you officially participate in the meet, you're eligible for the relay pool". Maybank officially competed in the rounds of the 400, Richardson's results were totally wiped from the meet. Although, I wonder if you could argue that since her positive test occurred after she had already completed some rounds that she should also have been eligible. I don't know if her marks from the heats were wiped away or just the result from the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

I wonder if this is a case of "as long as you officially participate in the meet, you're eligible for the relay pool". Maybank officially competed in the rounds of the 400, Richardson's results were totally wiped from the meet. Although, I wonder if you could argue that since her positive test occurred after she had already completed some rounds that she should also have been eligible. I don't know if her marks from the heats were wiped away or just the result from the final.
                              The rules state that in order to be eligible for selection, an athlete must be "eligible to represent the USA at all levels of international competition at the time of selection." So if she was still under suspension at the time of selection the rules would indicate she wasn't eligible. I can't recall the dates so if anyone wants to go through this debate again they can research that.

My first thought on the Maybank situation was exactly as above. He had competed so he was eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

Well, I just went to the USATF website and looked at the results of the women's 100m at the Trials. It lists Sha'Carri Richardson as the winner of the race at 10.86, the last event on June 19th. Maybe USATF will get around to updating that page one day.

https://results.usatf.org/2020Trials/

Comment

Working...
                                X