This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clementina View Post

Ah so you are saccharine sweet if you are not rude,juvenile and demonstrate all the characteristics of an unhappy fat head Now I understand. One thing I cannot understand is some of the posters here
    I don't find Sha'carri to be rude, juvenile, etc. I can't understand why you have such hatred for her or anyone that defends her, and why others think there is some other "subtext" going on in her persona. She's a talented sprinter who wants people to pronounce her name correctly, is extremely competitive and is vocal about it, uses the language of her generation in expressing herself, and accepted a ban for smoking pot before the OTs while voicing that she felt the rule was unfair. She's harmed no one. She might not be everybody's cup of tea, but neither was Carl Lewis, Usain Bolt, Flo-Jo, Jon Drummond, Dennis Mitchell, etc. and any number other athletic greats and not-so-greats. No reason to rail against her so strongly as if she represents the downfall of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by xw View Post

I think Wiederganger referred to some insidious remarks that doubted her legitimacy based on none other than her looks and her rapid ascension since she switched to sprinting. I remember one or two discussions on this board too.
      I thought she was more polarising BEFORE she was winning medals. There were plenty that offered their strong opinion that she would never achieve x, y or z. After she started achieving x, y and z, only some of them then moved onto mutterings about illegitimacy.

Now some of those continue to diminish her achievements because she either didn't win everthing every year or she only won because of [picklist of magical circumstances] prevented some other athlete from winning.

Altogether much a stranger and more negative situation than SCR.

Comment

Hmmm??? ShaCarre, Daphne, Lolo.. apparently, I got the polarizing appreciation gene.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
          I don't find Sha'carri to be rude, juvenile, etc. I can't understand why you have such hatred for her or anyone that defends her, and why others think there is some other "subtext" going on in her persona. She's a talented sprinter who wants people to pronounce her name correctly, is extremely competitive and is vocal about it, uses the language of her generation in expressing herself, and accepted a ban for smoking pot before the OTs while voicing that she felt the rule was unfair. She's harmed no one. She might not be everybody's cup of tea, but neither was Carl Lewis, Usain Bolt, Flo-Jo, Jon Drummond, Dennis Mitchell, etc. and any number other athletic greats and not-so-greats. No reason to rail against her so strongly as if she represents the downfall of the sport.
          Most of her generation aren't a fraction as aggressive, abrasive and confrontational as she is.

Comment

Originally posted by rhizobium View Post

Most of her generation aren't a fraction as aggressive, abrasive and confrontational as she is.
            I don't think that her being aggressive and confrontational as an athlete or in defense of herself is a bad thing. As for abrasive, that's in the eye of the beholder. She's not that abrasive to me. Her language may be off-putting to some, but the words she uses are definitely those of her generation.

It's important to note that most of her generation aren't a fraction as talented, competitive, driven, colorful, or honest as she is.

Comment

If she won the world 100 Meter title in Eugene this summer, (not what I'm predicting) this thread will be 150 pages long!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, she needs to start running and winning again. I'm on the fence about her but given what has been printed about her struggles in life, I'm rooting for her to right the ship. As we all saw in the 2021 NCAA Final and OLY Trials, she's got Incredible talent.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                given what has been printed about her struggles in life, I'm rooting for her to right the ship.
                Amen to that. If she can't come to grips with her issues, track is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

my brother in law's 2nd cousin twice removed was there and can vouch for it!
                  😂😂😂

Comment

She just tweeted---
                    Y'all looking for me? with a laughing emoji!!
                    That's the first tweet I've seen from her in awhile!

Comment

All this, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

All this, basically.
                        Utter naive nonsense. No surprise though. Hate her.She is not important enough.

Comment

Her language may be off-putting to some, but the words she uses are definitely those of her generation.
                          It's weird how Grant Holloway, Jakob Ingebrigtsen, Mondo, and Gabby Thomas can avoid using similar language.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

It's weird how Grant Holloway, Jakob Ingebrigtsen, Mondo, and Gabby Thomas can avoid using similar language.
                            Yea considering they all shared the exact same background, upbringing, and experiences as Richardson it's weird they don't all act the same. 😕

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Yea considering they all shared the exact same background, upbringing, and experiences as Richardson it's weird they don't all act the same. 😕
                              Steve attributed Ms. Richardson's language and attitude to her generation. I simply pointed out many members of the same generation are able to conduct themselves with decorum. If he had made the argument there were other factors in her upbringing that might lead to the way she carries herself, there would have been no disagreement. Her demeanor is not a product of her age.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                                Yes.
                                We are all a product of our genetics and upbringing. We know her background was not conducive to the 'genteel' decorum we expect from our stars, but if she's the Charles Barkley of T&F, I'm OK with that.
                                HATING her for how she behaves is more on the observer than the subject. You can HATE Putin (and I do) for the harm he's doing, but SCR is harmless.

Comment

Working...
                                X