X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ATK
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    Justin Gatlin is helping coach her now and says she is runnibg 10.3 in practice. Do we believe him?
    Your misquoting a bit. He doesn't coach her (unless it was mentioned somewhere else) he was speaking about when he trained with her before retiring and her potential based on hand times that she has hit

He said he has seen her run 10.5/10.3 hand timed on the stop watch in practice (he said this super casually in conversation, not as a definitive statement). But regardless, its actually not hard to believe. Imagine the watch said 10.39 for example, add .24, that gets you 10.63. Adjust a bit for for maybe wind and perfect conditions in practice, that gets you closer to her converted PB of 10.69 (10.77 -1.2).

This is the interview timestamped at the part they start talking about Sha'Carri: https://youtu.be/6Aj8EiIBNqU?t=1105
    In this same interview, he also said his PB was 9.73. Yes only .01 off, but it adds the mystique when talking to non track people. Take his words with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by ATK; 05-14-2022, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• mw61
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by steve View Post

…and Usain Bolt (pot calling the kettle black on that one).
      Not remotely a pot/kettle situation.

Comment

• 18.99s
        • Nov 2011

She will continue to receive ridicule and disdain as long as she keeps running her mouth more than her feet.

Comment

• scottmitchell74
          • Jul 2008
          • Abilene, TX

Right now she's Ryan Leaf/Vince Young.

She's still young enough to be Peyton Manning.

Maybe a closer comparison would be Randy Moss who was a wildly talented but mouthy obnoxious guy who is now insightful, folksy and hilarious. Bryce Harper comes to mind as well.

Either way it's up to her. No excuses accepted.
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Wiederganger
            • Jul 2019

To those saying she doesn't speak the language of her generation...you need to get out more and mix with people from different backgrounds. Just because your children don't speak that way, it doesn't mean others of that age group don't.

Ever seen Bad Girls Club? Love, Hip Hop Atlanta? Joselines Cabaret? One More Chance? Theres enough trash TV on US networks that show many young people speak exactly like her (and actually much, much worse)

Comment

• Atticus
              • Jul 2014
              • on task

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
              Ever seen Bad Girls Club? Love, Hip Hop Atlanta? Joselines Cabaret? One More Chance? Theres enough trash TV on US networks that show many young people speak exactly like her (and actually much, much worse)
              Because Trash TV is such an accurate barometer of our culture . . .

Comment

• 58Commander
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by gm View Post
                Hard for me to believe people think about someone else so much!
                When she dominated the NCAA and OLY trials last year, she was just unstoppable and had a great story to go along with her physical skills. Who could forget her running into the stands to hug her Grandmother after winning the OLY Trials. She sad a tough upbringing and unbeatable confidence. I was loving every minute of her as I thought we finally had an American woman who could compete with the Jamaicans on the world stage. Since then, the debate is whether or not this train is still on the tracks. As I've said earlier, I'm rooting for her but she needs to start running and winning.

Comment

• DrJay
                  • Oct 2005
                  • Colorado Springs

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Because Trash TV is such an accurate barometer of our culture . . .
                  While I agree with your sentiment, unfortunately, I think it is.

Comment

• SoCal45
                    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                    To those saying she doesn't speak the language of her generation...you need to get out more and mix with people from different backgrounds. Just because your children don't speak that way, it doesn't mean others of that age group don't.

trash tv is just that...time to throw it out! and stop considering it as important....and I am around a lot of young people every, single f'ing day...most do not talk that way!!!

Comment

• beebee
                      • Aug 2010
                      • Chicago, Illinois

At 22, I thought I knew everything but didn't know jackshit...
                      some of the comments here are borderline fucking creepy...I would love to see some of you folks Utopia lol.
                      SCR is at this moment America's top woman in the 100, the reigning champ...my daughter just received her Masters yesterday in Atlanta and sometimes that girl talks a bit wacky too...some of y'all need to lighten up.

Comment

• scottmitchell74
                        • Jul 2008
                        • Abilene, TX

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                        At 22, I thought I knew everything but didn't know jackshit...
                        some of the comments here are borderline fucking creepy...I would love to see some of you folks Utopia lol.
                        SCR is at this moment America's top woman in the 100, the reigning champ...my daughter just received her Masters yesterday in Atlanta and sometimes that girl talks a bit wacky too...some of y'all need to lighten up.
                        That's fantastic! What's her field? Congrats dad!

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• beebee
                          • Aug 2010
                          • Chicago, Illinois

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

That's fantastic! What's her field? Congrats dad!

Thank you Scott... economics...the girl likes stats I guess...I'm officially a retired parent now 😜

Comment

• Diara31
                            • Sep 2021

Lmaooo, Sha-carri ain't playing tonight on twitter

Comment

• guru
                              • Oct 2005
                              • Deadwood, SD

I would humbly suggest Richardson needs to spend less time throwing twitter shade, and more actually racing herself lol

Comment

• aaronk
                                • May 2012
                                • Bellingham

Originally posted by guru View Post
                                I would humbly suggest Richardson needs to spend less time throwing twitter shade, and more actually racing herself lol
                                Wrong thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X