Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

19.8 is a far cry from 19.4....he's in sensational territory now. Only 3 men have gone faster. I said that but i don't think it will be a one of.
    I think a 19.8 as a 17 year old HSer is in sensational territory.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Knighton deserves all the praise he's getting, but I just found out that Dorian Camel---who finished 3rd in 20.00--had a PR of just 20.96 prior to 2022--and that was in 2019!
      He's an LSU athlete, so that puts him into serious NCAA consideration, even though Fahnbullah finished ahead of him in 19.92!
      He ran 20.31 a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
        Not sure why this would be surprising.
        19.49 in April by anybody on the scene today would be surprising (except Lyles).

Comment

Incredible Knighton ..19.49!! Well that just shook the Universe! Special talent for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
            Would have been nice to hear the announcement of the time ... otherwise I think it might be the most routine call of an all-time great performance that I've ever heard, LOL. I wonder how many folks were in the stands. Anyone see it in person?

Comment

So Knighton makes the 4x100m relay squad now. I also think maybe he makes the 100m team, I know its early but Brommel, Kerley and Knighton for the 100m.
              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post

Would have been nice to hear the announcement of the time ... otherwise I think it might be the most routine call of an all-time great performance that I've ever heard, LOL. I wonder how many folks were in the stands. Anyone see it in person?
                Agreed. I would have expected more from LSU. Their track history is phenomenal. Figured there would be someone who did their research and provided some enthusiasm and perspective.

Comment

I just saw an interesting tweet that said both the men and women's 200m race at the world champs could be won by U20 athletes i.e mboma and knighton and that's so true. I don't think this has ever happened before, even in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
                    Fahnbulleh finished second. He finally found someone he couldn't catch in the last 20 meters.
                    In the video it looks to me that Fahnbulleh is pulling back some of the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                      This performance deserves its own thread.
                      And an introduction played by the Love Unlimited Orchestra

Comment

This young man would be a high school senior ⭐⭐⭐

Comment

A generational athlete... just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                            In the video it looks to me that Fahnbulleh is pulling back some of the gap.
                            Unless he radically improves his first 50, he will only see the backside of EK from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Unless he radically improves his first 50, he will only see the backside of EK from now on.
                              Fanbullah is now a longshot for a medal...I doubt he can beat Lyles, Kerley or Bednarek either.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                                This young man would be a high school senior ⭐⭐⭐
                                Still is a high school senior, just not competing for his high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X