Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gm View Post
    That's the beauty of our sport. Someone can suck the joy out of any performance.
    Well said!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

That's the beauty of our sport. Someone can suck the joy out of any performance.
      can and will....and not necessarily for the reasons they state or imply.

Comment

all I needed to see was that EK destroyed Joe Fanbullah...the others in the field were average at best...Knighton is just getting started!!!!!

Comment

As a general rule, I do find it a bit odd when an athlete opens with a massive, historic PB. Either he's on track to have the greatest 200m season we've ever seen, or he's going to find it difficult to better this mark (although he could feasibly win world championship gold in a slower time than this).

Either way, considering his age and how incredible his 2021 season was, he could end up being the greatest we've ever seen over this distance. I wonder if the 100m or 400m will end up being his better secondary event.

Comment

Oh, I didn't realise my posts had that much power and influence. Thanks hun!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

can and will....and not necessarily for the reasons they state or imply.
              Meaning..?
              I've been perfectly open and clear in my posts. I don't trust the wind readings. There's nothing more to it than that.

You and gm have often written snide comments to some of my posts. Nothing constructive , just petty and childish. This is a shame. You need to let whatever bitterness you have go my friend, let it go!

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post
                As a general rule, I do find it a bit odd when an athlete opens with a massive, historic PB. Either he's on track to have the greatest 200m season we've ever seen, or he's going to find it difficult to better this mark (although he could feasibly win world championship gold in a slower time than this).

Either way, considering his age and how incredible his 2021 season was, he could end up being the greatest we've ever seen over this distance. I wonder if the 100m or 400m will end up being his better secondary event.
                Every year I see elite college and pro athletes come to Baton Rouge in April and open up with big PRs. Considering the track, the typical weather and the place on the calendar, I don't think that's surprising. In 2016, Courtney Okolo came to Baton Rouge and opened up with the CR in the 400 and obvious that can't be attributed to a faulty wind gauge. She's never run as fast since then. I'm willing to entertain the idea that wind gauges at open tracks are less reliable indicators of actual wind assistance than wind gauges at enclosed tracks but the idea that Delta Timing is an incompetent timing company is bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

Meaning..?
                  I've been perfectly open and clear in my posts. I don't trust the wind readings. There's nothing more to it than that.

You and gm have often written snide comments to some of my posts. Nothing constructive , just petty and childish. This is a shame. You need to let whatever bitterness you have go my friend, let it go!
                  Ok. If Knighton wasn't in the race and Fahnbulleh had run the race he did would you have even commented? I doubt it. We have Fahnbulleh, the Olympic 5th placer, run a time he's clearly capable of and get beaten by a substantial margin by a kid who a couple of years ago came out of nowhere to run 20 point with training consisting essentially of football shuttle runs. Why anyone would think this kid wouldn't be capable of running much faster than even some of the best in the world I don't know. I also don't know if you believe that the wind pushed Knighton only unless you think Fahnbulleh's run was a 20.3-20.4 effort. There was no other evidence of a wind issue such as visible flag waving or clothing being moved by the wind as has been available in the past (Kerley's early season sub 10 last year a clear example). Maybe the wind was only blowing in Knighton's lane.

As to the snide comments, your history precedes you as Yogi might say.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Every year I see elite college and pro athletes come to Baton Rouge in April and open up with big PRs. Considering the track, the typical weather and the place on the calendar, I don't think that's surprising. In 2016, Courtney Okolo came to Baton Rouge and opened up with the CR in the 400 and obvious that can't be attributed to a faulty wind gauge. She's never run as fast since then. I'm willing to entertain the idea that wind gauges at open tracks are less reliable indicators of actual wind assistance than wind gauges at enclosed tracks but the idea that Delta Timing is an incompetent timing company is bullshit.
                    I agree, I don't think it's necessarily an issue with the timing equipment itself, but some of these tracks (usually a certain few in particular) seem to produce anomalous results year on year. I'm sure that some of it is due to the weather and conditions typically seen in these places.

All it does is build the excitement to see what this young man will run in his next race!

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Ok. If Knighton wasn't in the race and Fahnbulleh had run the race he did would you have even commented? I doubt it. We have Fahnbulleh, the Olympic 5th placer, run a time he's clearly capable of and get beaten by a substantial margin by a kid who a couple of years ago came out of nowhere to run 20 point with training consisting essentially of football shuttle runs. Why anyone would think this kid wouldn't be capable of running much faster than even some of the best in the world I don't know. I also don't know if you believe that the wind pushed Knighton only unless you think Fahnbulleh's run was a 20.3-20.4 effort. There was no other evidence of a wind issue such as visible flag waving or clothing being moved by the wind as has been available in the past (Kerley's early season sub 10 last year a clear example). Maybe the wind was only blowing in Knighton's lane.

As to the snide comments, your history precedes you as Yogi might say.
                      Trust you have a great explanation for a 1 second improvement from April 2021 to now , for the remarkable third placer, in that race. If it's all down to hard work and coaching many athletes around the globe would love to know any secrets.!!

Comment

• Trust you have a great explanation for the experienced fourth place guy who ran slower with a 4.4 wind the week before on the same track... or the sixth place guy who ran .5 slower than his season best. We can play this game all day through thousands of results.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                          all I needed to see was that EK destroyed Joe Fanbullah...the others in the field were average at best...Knighton is just getting started!!!!!
                          Like I said...just compare Knighton to Fanbullah and Knighton's time is certainly realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                            Like I said...just compare Knighton to Fanbullah and Knighton's time is certainly realistic.
                            Whoever doubted he should go pro so early should be abashed, not that his story is representative of anyone else's!

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post

Trust you have a great explanation for a 1 second improvement from April 2021 to now , for the remarkable third placer, in that race. If it's all down to hard work and coaching many athletes around the globe would love to know any secrets.!!
                              The explanation is that he ran 20.31 in a meet earlier this season. Much more relevant to what he’s currently running. So why reference a year ago? Unless you’re trying to create a narrative…🤷🏽‍♂️

Comment

• Questioning the young man's performance without providing any substantial proof is a pretty shitty accusation.

Comment

Working...
                                X