Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trey Cunningham versus Devon Allen. Who's the fastest?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Cunningham versus Devon Allen. Who's the fastest?...

I think Trey Cunningham will run faster by the end of this 2022 outdoor season.
    As I wrote before, I believe he will break the 13"00 wall (with regular wind) soon.
    Last edited by 79; 05-03-2022, 04:13 PM.

Originally posted by 79 View Post
    I think Trey Cunningham will run faster by the end of this 2022 outdoor season. As I wrote before, I believe he will break the 13"00 wall (regular wind) soon.
    He will run faster, and sub-13 is tough territory, but he certainly could. So will DA, and right now he has the edge at the Trials with all his elite experience. If they both make the team, the odds are great that they will make the WC Final, and no one will be surprised if one (or both!) medal. but there are plenty of world stars to spoil that sweep.

I keep expecting to read that Sasha Zhoya has just run an unbelievable time over the 42"s.

Comment

Participating in OTA's is unlikely to help Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
        Participating in OTA's is unlikely to help Allen.
        He just come off them and ran a SB 13.11.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          He just come off them and ran a SB 13.11.
          That's one. It can't be helping him which from a track viewpoint should be the only concern.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            That's one. It can't be helping him which from a track viewpoint should be the only concern.
            Great crossing-training, though!
            He'll be fit, and he already knows how to hurdle.
            That said, he could get banged and bruised, and that's not ideal for the kind of agility and flexibility the hurdles require. If we didn't already have GH and TC, I'd be more worried for him.
            Last edited by Atticus; 05-03-2022, 11:49 PM.

Comment

It looks like Allen is really enjoying his time in the sport right now and that then shows in his performances and vice versa. Perhaps having another goal on the horizon provides a new focus for the present.

Holloway appears to be building through the season and I think he'll be ready come trials. Cunningham has to navigate the NCAAs but if his wider aspirations are supported by FSU I think he can make it.

Comment

These guys are great, but I'm missing the days of David Oliver and Aries Merritt!!
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                  These guys are great, but I'm missing the days of David Oliver and Aries Merritt!!LOL
                  Stuck in the 2010s. are we?
                  If GH breaks AM's record, and TC joins DA under 13 (12.99 PR), will that make you happy for the present?

I loved watching Roger Kingdom destroying the hurdles as he ran THROUGH them and Allen Johnson's grace, but Skeets is still 'da man' for me.

Comment

I think Grant Holloway will be the hero of the US Trials.
                    I imagine a very unrealistic 12"68 performance.
                    And a sub-13"00 Trey Cunningham.

Comment

Originally posted by 79 View Post
                      I think Grant Holloway will be the hero of the US Trials. I imagine a very unrealistic 12"68 performance. And a sub-13"00 Trey Cunningham.
                      If the hurdles were 11 yards apart, he could run that, but since they are 10y, he's already slamming on the brakes in between hurdles.
                      TC will be close. DA picked a good time to try another sport, not that he isn't great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I loved watching Roger Kingdom destroying the hurdles as he ran THROUGH them and Allen Johnson's grace, but Skeets is still 'da man' for me.

I enjoyed watching Greg Foster break a hurdle or two during his career!

Comment

How about a 12.84 for Allen! Just now.

Comment

As of now we have an answer to this question. Could be a badass team at World’s. Capable of 1,2,3.

Comment

Are we looking at 12.69 or......?

Comment

Working...
                              X