• Show
Clear All

Surprise winner in w800

Prudence Sekgodiso (SAfr) in 1:58.41

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Surprise winner in w800

Prudence Sekgodiso (SAfr) in 1:58.41
      The 20yo looks like a big talent - almost Mu-esque the way she strode down that final 100.

Comment

If I was sprinter's agent, I wouldn't want them to run at this meet. There's a very decent chance that someone will run a time they'll never be able to duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
          If I was sprinter's agent, I wouldn't want them to run at this meet. There's a very decent chance that someone will run a time they'll never be able to duplicate.
          I guess it depends on what sprint you're referring to but there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary so far. SAFP's is quick but she's certainly capable particularly with a bit of altitude. Brown's 200 with a bit of wind isn't odd. The 400m for women wasn't particularly quick.

Comment

Abel Kipsang, 3:31.02 WL at 1612m altitude. Not too shabby!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I guess it depends on what sprint you're referring to but there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary so far. SAFP's is quick but she's certainly capable particularly with a bit of altitude. Brown's 200 with a bit of wind isn't odd. The 400m for women wasn't particularly quick.
              I think you have to take into account the fact that Fraser-Pryce is 35 years old and just ran her best time that wasn't aided by a 1.0+ m/s tailwind.

Comment

I think you have to take into account the fact that Fraser-Pryce is 35 years old and just ran her best time that wasn't aided by a 1.0+ m/s tailwind.
                Yeah but it's not out of the ordinary for her nor is it likely to cause any sort of issue with her.

Comment

WA just got a stay of execution on the M and M problem. Please use the added time to sort this out Mr. Coe
                  why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Kazakhstan ... ... the new force in Women's Steeplechasing! Norah Jeruto winning here in 9:04.95 WL. They also have Daisy Jepkemei (9:06 PB).

Comment

??!!
                      In a sport so time-dependent, I'll take a PR whenever it comes! If it's a time-qualifier, so much the better.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

10.67 not out of the ordinary ??
                        Silly comment on a race so early in the season. After all she had altitude but not the great 1.9 m.winds which we see every year in States

Comment

SAFP is highly likely to defend her title in Eugene this year.

Race video: https://twitter.com/TeamJA876/status...s97iHBEptrAycQ
                          Last edited by ATK; 05-07-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                            Abel Kipsang, 3:31.02 WL at 1612m altitude. Not too shabby!
                            How apropos for this-named meet (MC68).

Comment

Bloody hell ... For the first time ever Jenny pronounced Mboma correctly!! Perhaps Hannah England had a word with her?

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post

10.67 not out of the ordinary ??
                                Silly comment on a race so early in the season. After all she had altitude but not the great 1.9 m.winds which we see every year in States
                                She's in shape. Be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X