Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I thought I read that he was ill.
      Earlier today.

Originally posted by Skrotos View Post

Unfortunately, Jacobs is ill and will not start

https://ke.opera.news/ke/en/sports/6...c78ec6c0eec5be

Comment

Someone needs to put a quiet word in the commentator's ear about the difference between Niger and Nigeria.

Comment

10.67??? Holy crap, that's the fastest ever time in May and the earliest ever sub-10.7 - previously it was her own 10.63 on 5th June last year. What a magnificent run, particularly considering that the other sprint performances here weren't particularly special.

I know the major championships are earlier than usual this year, but SAFP has a bye so doesn't actually need to peak until later than her competitors. She appears on track to have a much better season than last year, which would be a remarkable feat.

Comment

Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce has never looked this fit. Her entire facial structure is tight, indicating she is really taking her training seriously.

Her performance was controlled, fast and stunning.

Awesome to see somebody that has achieved the stature of this athlete work harder to improve despite her advancing age.

I was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
              Kazakhstan ... ... the new force in Women's Steeplechasing! Norah Jeruto winning here in 9:04.95 WL. They also have Daisy Jepkemei (9:06 PB).
              Are they really Kenyans or Ugandans? The certainly aren't Kasakhstani.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post

M and M may be out for a bit but Seyni is still in the picture.
                So did Mboma run or not? The results page lists her as DNF not DNS.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                  Are they really Kenyans or Ugandans? The certainly aren't Kasakhstani.
                  Well, they are now! As with Americans, every nation is cross-pollenating. I like it.

Comment

Yes, she began the race, but pulled up during the race, and apparently had to be stretchered off!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Oh, yikes, Mboma pulled up sharply in the 100. SAFP wins easily in 10.67a (-0.4).
                      All is revealed in this thread . . .

Comment

Bassant Hemida of Egypt ran a PB 11.02 for 2nd behind SAFP. Also a national record.
                        Last edited by 18.99s; 05-07-2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1523011871774756865

Shelly Ann is a very kind woman.
                          Mboma has an ice bag.. They say severe groin.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Yes, she began the race, but pulled up during the race, and apparently had to be stretchered off!
                            From a distance but here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdd...AF%F0%9F%87%B2

Comment

That's a big performance from Fraser-Pryce. I had her pegged as the pre-Eugene favourite even before this and now she's an even firmer favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                                That's a big performance from Fraser-Pryce. I had her pegged as the pre-Eugene favourite even before this and now she's an even firmer favourite.
                                Curious, How could you have her as the pre-Eugene favorite. ETH not going to be there?? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X