Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Keino Classic

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Kerley sure didn't look like he was pushing the middle. Great win for the home guy!
    As fast as he ran, I see this similar to Jerome Blake beating Lyles and Knighton in Bermuda a few weeks back.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by _Jay View Post

      Curious, How could you have her as the pre-Eugene favorite. ETH not going to be there?? Lol
      In most 100m championship races she's been the favorite except for maybe 2016 when she was not fit? But I agree if ETH is in similar form going as shown in Tokyo, she has to be the faviorite.
      Apparently Ignorance is bliss

      Comment


      • #78
        Sha'carri Richardson is slowly becoming the Kim Kardashian of track and field!

        A whole lot of production just to look at someone's ass!!

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by _Jay View Post

          Curious, How could you have her as the pre-Eugene favorite. ETH not going to be there?? Lol
          I also had her as the pre-Eugene favourite. Her world championship record speaks for itself: 5 golds out of 6 attempts is pretty insane. She's also run faster over 100m at every world championship than at the preceding Olympic games:

          10.78 in 2008 -> 10.73 in 2009
          10.75 in 2012 -> 10.71 in 2013
          10.86 in 2016 -> 10.71 in 2019

          SAFP has also never lost two championship events in a row. I always suspected she'd bounce back in even better form this year than last following a relatively disappointing Olympics, and this 100m opener confirms it. Having a bye helps even further; less chance of mistiming her peak form like last year.

          Thompson-Herah's world championship record is unfortunately not very good: 0 golds out of 3 attempts. Following her double Olympic win in 2016, she finished 5th at the World Champs in 2017 and then had a few down years before her insane 2021 season.

          Considering she was trading wins with SAFP in 2021, I don't think she can afford to lose a step this year, and may well have to PB in order to win her first 100m title. It's definitely possible, but I do slightly favour SAFP out of the two just based on history, or at best would consider them co-favourites over 100m (ETH is the sole favourite over 200m imo).

          Comment


          • #80
            SAFP is truly an amazing athlete...to open her season with a 10.67 at 35...a strong statement to any women running the 100
            But facts are facts...ETH kicked her butt in every significant race last year. To me until someone beats Thompson she remains the favorite.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by beebee View Post
              SAFP is truly an amazing athlete...to open her season with a 10.67 at 35...a strong statement to any women running the 100
              But facts are facts...ETH kicked her butt in every significant race last year. To me until someone beats Thompson she remains the favorite.
              Since when was the Olympic Trials not a significant race? Also she has already beaten ETH, including in their last H2H.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by DentyCracker View Post
                WA just got a stay of execution on the M and M problem. Please use the added time to sort this out Mr. Coe
                It's too late for Favour Ofili who is the real U20 200 world record holder IMO.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

                  It's too late for Favour Ofili who is the real U20 200 world record holder IMO.
                  Ofili turns 20 in December this year, so she's not eligible for U20 records anymore. Her 22.23 last year made her the # 6 U20 performer all-time (or # 4 without the DSD athletes).

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    December 31 to be precise.......

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I still pick the the top three from Tokyo last year in the women's 100m as my top three for Eugene again this year barring any unforeseen circumstances. They all still look to be in supreme form imo. Particularly impressed with shericka's 7.04 60m pb during the world indoors. I think only Marion jones has a faster pb among the elite quarter milers. Koch also had a pb of 7.04.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                        December 31 to be precise.......
                        I always have, and always will, believe that "under 20" means you're "under 20" until you're not!
                        That's why I go by an athlete's actual birthdate to determine when they're NOT "under 20" anymore!
                        I ignore the "rules" of WA or any other synthesized agency!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                          Bloody hell ... For the first time ever Jenny pronounced Mboma correctly!! Perhaps Hannah England had a word with her?
                          And the icing on the cake was when she signed off from the "Kip Keeno Classic". How can anyone who has been involved with track at any time in the last 60 years mispronounce Keino ?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            I always have, and always will, believe that "under 20" means you're "under 20" until you're not!
                            That's why I go by an athlete's actual birthdate to determine when they're NOT "under 20" anymore!
                            I ignore the "rules" of WA or any other synthesized agency!
                            Nothing wrong with marching to your own drummer as long as you understand no one will march with you.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Paced View Post
                              Considering she was trading wins with SAFP in 2021, I don't think she can afford to lose a step this year, and may well have to PB in order to win her first 100m title. It's definitely possible, but I do slightly favour SAFP out of the two just based on history, or at best would consider them co-favourites over 100m (ETH is the sole favourite over 200m imo).
                              Agreed 100%. And on the track she set her PB last summer too lol.

                              SAFP will always be my pick in major championships, including upcoming Worlds but IMO ET is the favourite going in.



                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by eman2001 View Post
                                Sha'carri Richardson is slowly becoming the Kim Kardashian of track and field!
                                At least Kim Kardashian shows up when she's supposed to.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X