Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

At least Kim Kardashian shows up when she's supposed to.
    That made me laugh out loud. Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
      Curious, How could you have her as the pre-Eugene favorite. ETH not going to be there?? Lol
      Others beat me to the punch, but it comes down to SAFP being a far more reliable championship performer. Also, in my view, she has the highest floor of any of the main contenders. I feel like her worst race will still be a 10.7 and that might still clinch gold. Not sure any of the others can have a 'worst championship race' and win.

Personally, I'd love to see ETH win. I believe she has the highest ceiling, but given the coaching change and her Achilles injury, I'm not sure what to expect from her at the WCs.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
        but given the coaching change and her Achilles injury
        These are the two obvious reasons why we should be cautious with our ETH predictions. When she finally looked to be over her achilles issues, she goes and changes coach!

But I recall back to the start of 2021 where everyone was harping on about how SAFP was the clear favourite based on 2019 etc., and then ETH comes out in her best form. So we just don't and won't know until further into the season, and the JAM champs will give us some kind of clue as to their form. (even if SAFP doesn't have to run as defending champ, we'll get an idea of ETH in relation to Jackson).

A few comments though:
        On SAFP
        • I agree with an earlier poster that SAFP's face looks 'tight', suggesting good conditioning this year. I think there was no better motivation than ETH winning double god to spur her on.
        • Lets not forget the altitude of this race in Kenya. If it works out to a 10.71 at sea level, it's still amazing, and shows SAFP is consistent at this level. A high 10.5 or a low 10.6 could beckon in a Champs.
        • She had a slight stumble on her 2nd or 3rd step out of the final in the 100m in Tokyo. It's unclear what effect this had on her race, but one would assume it did cause some interruption, at least mentally. I think had this not happened she would have been in the high 10.6s. Still silver, but closer.
        On ETH:
        • ETH has struggled to be dominant for more than one champs in a row. But I do think her 'lack' of championship mettle is overplayed: 2017 she was clearly carrying an achilles injury all season, and then that ridiculous wobble/miss step as she came out of her transition phase and it was over. 2019 was the injury again, nothing to do with her mental state.
        • I'm interested to see whether she doubles up or not this year. If she is in form, she HAS to double! She's had 3 Worlds & no individual gold there yet. She could get 2 here if in form
        With Mboma's injury looking nasty, Jackson may be the one to beat in the 200m though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
          Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce has never looked this fit. Her entire facial structure is tight, indicating she is really taking her training seriously.

Her performance was controlled, fast and stunning.

Awesome to see somebody that has achieved the stature of this athlete work harder to improve despite her advancing age.

I was very impressed.
          Good observation. She's lighter in her frame all around I'd say. Different approach with strength/weight ratio?

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Yeah she has redone her body. This is crucial as she ages. Thought Kerley ran well. Didnt win but ran a good time. Plus Kerley has been training for all 3 sprints not just the 100.

Comment

I'm calling BS on this: (on LetsRun)

2022kip-keino-results-final.png

First of all - there is no conversion on the 800. That's the alt break-even point.
              2nd - that's way too generous in the 1500 / St / 5000 for someone who lives/trains at alt.

Thoughts?

Comment

Shelly Ann broke Merlene's 10.74 age 35 best. Do any of you think she can also surpass her record as the oldest female track medalist in history? Merlene won her last Olympic medal at age 40, what do you think of Shelly Ann? Does she medal in 2028 IF she continues to run till that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I'm calling BS on this: (on LetsRun)

2022kip-keino-results-final.png

First of all - there is no conversion on the 800. That's the alt break-even point.
                  2nd - that's way too generous in the 1500 / St / 5000 for someone who lives/trains at alt.

Thoughts?
                  Nothing to add other than I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Nothing to add other than I agree with you.
                    Yep, agree. Also, why no mention of that 9.85 actually being a 9.98?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                      Shelly Ann broke Merlene's 10.74 age 35 best. Do any of you think she can also surpass her record as the oldest female track medalist in history? Merlene won her last Olympic medal at age 40, what do you think of Shelly Ann? Does she medal in 2028 IF she continues to run till that time.
                      I don't think she will be there in 2028. Depending on what happens in 2024, I believe she will hang it up in 2024 or 2025. I don't think she will be needed in 2028. The pipeline is full of young sprinters. You have the twins, K. Hill and Lyston among others. I hope Lyston stays in Jamaica and train with coach Francis. I believe the US system will destroy her. She is fragile and needs special treatment.
                      Last edited by FleetingRedux; 05-10-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Ottey was 36 when she ran 10.74. She could only muster 10.85 at 35.

Comment

• I showed my casual-fan wife and daughters SAFP's race and interview and they all audibly said "whoa" or "wow" at the obvious leanness to her face and frame. Looks like she's thinking even more longevity.
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

I don't think she will be there in 2028. Depending on what happens in 2024, I believe she will hang it up in 2024 or 2025. I don't think she will be needed in 2028. The pipeline is full of young sprinters. You have the twins, K. Hill and Lyston among others. I hope Lyston stays in Jamaica and train with coach Francis. I believe the US system will destroy her. She is fragile and needs special treatment.
                            Yes, you're right, I mean look at Kevona Davis, she looks like a shell of her former self since 2017. Jamaica's crop of young female talents is ridiculously so good at the moment, it's crazy honestly. Hopefully the men can pick it up too sooner or later.

Comment

• I thought SAFP said she wanted to retire and have more babies after this year.

Comment

Hopefully the [Jam] men can pick it up too sooner or later.
                                I remember when Bolt and Blake were burning up the track and we heard how the men's pipeline of domination couldn't be turned off again . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X