Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, Peacock will have it live on Friday.

https://film-book.com/new-on-peacock...angelyne-more/

Live Sports & Events

May 13: Track and Field: Wanda Diamond League – Doha

Comment

Originally posted by TrackFanSUI View Post
      Startlists are out

https://doha.diamondleague.com/programme-results-doha/

doesn‘t look that bad tbh, although it‘s my least favorite DL meeting.
      Thats not the startlist, it's the entries. Start lists usually come out a day or two before the meet.

I've been wanting to see Richardson and Jackson clash in the w200 for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post

Thats not the startlist, it's the entries. Start lists usually come out a day or two before the meet.

I've been wanting to see Richardson and Jackson clash in the w200 for a while!
        Is she competing? Or do you mean Thomas, Dina and Jackson?
        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          It's on my DVR for Saturday, 10am-noon on CNBC.
          7:00 AM to 9:00 AM Pacific Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Is she competing? Or do you mean Thomas, Dina and Jackson?
            Whoops good catch! I meant Gabby vs Shericka and DAS in there is a bonus!

Comment

As gh implies, let's see who actually starts! I really, really hope we see SMU, McPherson & Paulino in the w400m, but I am not sure all 3 will run, SMU being the most likely to DNS.

Dina has confirmed she will be running, so unless some issue crops up, she'll be on the start line.

Comment

So who's y'all pick to win the women's 200m? Gabby has certainly impressed with her 21.69 and 10.86 wind aided run already this season, and has also run 22.02 already. Dina also opened up with some very good 300m times too and shericka ran some 400m races last month including a 51.29 and just recently ran a 11.00 into a -1.8 wind. I'm picking shericka cos her mechanics looked much improved and her start is much better too already this season, then Gabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                  So who's y'all pick to win the women's 200m? Gabby has certainly impressed with her 21.69 and 10.86 wind aided run already this season, and has also run 22.02 already. Dina also opened up with some very good 300m times too and shericka ran some 400m races last month including a 51.29 and just recently ran a 11.00 into a -1.8 wind. I'm picking shericka cos her mechanics looked much improved and her start is much better too already this season, then Gabby.
                  Gabby is well raced already this season, with something like 8 outdoor races already. Jackson has had 4 outdoor races, on top of her indoor runs, but I think she looked so good in her recent 100m, it will be between these too. I think Dina is still on her comeback, and this is very early season still for European athletes, even with the earlier champs, so I don't see her as the favourite. But I want to see how close she can get to the other two.

I do think DAS's runs over 300m & 400m show she has taken a different approach this season, with this over distance work, perhaps suggesting she recognises she needs to get stronger in the last 50m of her 200m.
                  Last edited by Wiederganger; 05-10-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Startlists are out

https://doha.diamondleague.com/programme-results-doha/

doesn‘t look that bad tbh, although it‘s my least favorite DL meeting.
                    "least favorite"??
                    Here's the Meet Records--
                    MEN
                    9.74, 19.83, 43.87, 1:43.00, 3:29.18, 7:27.26, 12:51.21, 7:56.58, 12.95, 47.38, 7-10.75, 59-3, 19-1, 73-1.25, 231-6, 308-1, and 273-4
                    WOMEN
                    10.80, 21.98, 49.83, 1:56.94, 3:56.60, 8:20.68, 9:00.12, 12.35, 53.61, 6-8.75, 23-9.50, 49-8.50, 15-10.50, 234-2 (DT), 226-0, and 252-0

Still your "least favorite"??
                    LOL

ADD:
                    WOW! Just noticed this was post number 10000 since coming on the MB exactly 10 years ago!!
                    Would have reached this number sooner if not for my old cataract problem!!
                    LOL
                    Last edited by aaronk; 05-10-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                      I'm going with Shericka Jackson in under 22s

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

"least favorite"??
                        Here's the Meet Records--
                        MEN
                        9.74, 19.83, 43.87, 1:43.00, 3:29.18, 7:27.26, 12:51.21, 7:56.58, 12.95, 47.38, 7-10.75, 59-3, 19-1, 73-1.25, 231-6, 308-1, and 273-4
                        WOMEN
                        10.80, 21.98, 49.83, 1:56.94, 3:56.60, 8:20.68, 9:00.12, 12.35, 53.61, 6-8.75, 23-9.50, 49-8.50, 15-10.50, 234-2 (DT), 226-0, and 252-0

Still your "least favorite"??
                        LOL

ADD:
                        WOW! Just noticed this was post number 10000 since coming on the MB exactly 10 years ago!!
                        Would have reached this number sooner if not for my old cataract problem!!
                        LOL
                        There are without doubt really good performances. But it isn‘t just the performance of an athlete that makes me love a particular meeting. In other DL meetings the performances are as good as Doha.
                        I guess I‘m just not really a fan of Qatar as a country and their mindset. Just paying enormous amounts of money just to host an event. (Same as in World Cup)
                        I mean are there really any people inside Qatar that are interested in track and field? In WC 2019 they even paid and forced some indian workers to go watch the Championsships that the stadium didn‘t look that empty???
                        I‘m more into meetings like the Pre, Lausanne, Brussels or Zurich, where the people are interested in the sport, they cheer for the athletes and it‘s always a nice athmosphere and ambiance. I mean Lausanne for example, many tickets are already sold and it‘ll be sold out in like July.
                        But yeah, that‘s just my personal opinion. I‘m still looking forward for Doha DL!

Comment

I guess I‘m just not really a fan of Qatar as a country and their mindset. Just paying enormous amounts of money just to host an event.
                          ??!!
                          You are complaining that they are willing to pour big money into T&F? We need more like them!

Comment

NBC release:

Competition in Doha airs live on Peacock on Friday at 12 p.m. ET. CNBC airs coverage Saturday at 10 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
                              Thanks. By that time I will be on my way to my grandson's college graduation. Just had to brag .
                              Already??? Tempus do fugus. At last report, he was whupping as in HS football. Congrats to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
                                Thanks. By that time I will be on my way to my grandson's college graduation. Just had to brag .
                                Been there, done that. 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X