• aaronk
    replied
    Another Gateshead '21!!
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

Yep, windy conditions led to cancellation.
    Luckily they can go indoors.

Tough break for athletes looking for fast times on the track later though. The early 100m races already with winds up to +6.6!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    wind in the 100 was 5.4!

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

ETA: It will be held indoors at Aspire Academy tomorrow.

I was just gonna suggest that!!
    After all, Drake & other meets have done the same when it was windy and/or wet outside!
    I take it ticket buyers will have free admission tomorrow!!
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    The results page lists the Pole Vault as Cancelled?

ETA: It will be held indoors at Aspire Academy tomorrow.
    Last edited by gm; 05-13-2022, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    The results page lists the Pole Vault as Cancelled?

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Well I don't see any field event streams on Peacock. That is a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    start lists now posted

https://doha.diamondleague.com/progr...RENTEVENT_JSON

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post

Brilliant, Pego! Enjoy the event.
    Thanks .

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego View Post
    Thanks. By that time I will be on my way to my grandson's college graduation. Just had to brag .
    Brilliant, Pego! Enjoy the event.

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackFanSUI View Post

There are without doubt really good performances. But it isn‘t just the performance of an athlete that makes me love a particular meeting. In other DL meetings the performances are as good as Doha.
    I guess I‘m just not really a fan of Qatar as a country and their mindset. Just paying enormous amounts of money just to host an event. (Same as in World Cup)
    I mean are there really any people inside Qatar that are interested in track and field? In WC 2019 they even paid and forced some indian workers to go watch the Championsships that the stadium didn‘t look that empty???
    I‘m more into meetings like the Pre, Lausanne, Brussels or Zurich, where the people are interested in the sport, they cheer for the athletes and it‘s always a nice athmosphere and ambiance. I mean Lausanne for example, many tickets are already sold and it‘ll be sold out in like July.
    But yeah, that‘s just my personal opinion. I‘m still looking forward for Doha DL!
    Reference your talk about fan support in the stadium, I watched recently some youtube track,in particular the pre meet at Hayward 2021 with outstanding athletes competing after Tokyo . I was very surprised for all the Tracktown stuff to note that the place was practically empty on the upper seats and not that full lower down, except on the popular finishing straight seats. Very poor support. Let's hope for completely full stadium in July.
    it does occur that Covid may have been a cause of the poor attendance but still I thought it would be better supported.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    NBC release:

Competition in Doha airs live on Peacock on Friday at 12 p.m. ET. CNBC airs coverage Saturday at 10 a.m.
    So far just one stream. Fingers crossed for some field event streams.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Thanks. By that time I will be on my way to my grandson's college graduation. Just had to brag .
    Been there, done that. 2017.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Already??? Tempus do fugus. At last report, he was whupping as in HS football. Congrats to all.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    NBC release:

Competition in Doha airs live on Peacock on Friday at 12 p.m. ET. CNBC airs coverage Saturday at 10 a.m.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X