Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Doha DL

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gh View Post

    since the farthest 2nd- and 3rd-place marks ever came in the same meet.....

    2........ 91.56........ 300-5............... Johannes Vetter (Germany)....................................... Doha 18
    3........ 90.08........ 295-6............... Andreas Hofmann (Germany).................................... Doha 18
    Wonder if Rohler, Vetter and Hoffman can regain that "big three" status they had 4-6 years ago

    Comment


    • Commentary highlight of the night:

      "Woo wooing the crowd"

      All while Woo is jumping on the mat going "Woo Woo"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Can anyone recall another JT where the conditions were so good and seemed to have made such a significant (good) effect on the results?
        Reminds me a bit of Van Klinken's 230-4 DT in Chula Vista!
        Except Peters didn't come out of nowhere to produce a huge mark, like Van Klinken did!
        He's been very good since he was in college in the States!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Can anyone recall another JT where the conditions were so good and seemed to have made such a significant (good) effect on the results?
          Athletics at the 2017 Summer Universiade – Men's javelin throw - Wikipedia

          Comment


          • Oh yeah, I do remember that and thinking there was a measurement error.

            Comment


            • Winner Chao-Tsun Cheng still has that 91.36 AR as his PB.

              Next 2 best competitions in 2017: 86.92 & 84.77.
              Next 2 best competitions in career: 89.05 ('19) & 87.75 ('19).

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Used to be a slight head-wind was best, yes? Did something change besides moving the CoG forward a bit?
                Moving the CoG forward means the tip of the new javelin naturally rotates downwards at a faster rate. Once it rotates enough to start pointing down, a headwind will push it down even faster, reducing lift and distance. A tailwind reduces the rotational effect so the javelin retains lift for longer and goes further.

                Comment


                • Is the PV taking place today then?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    Another Gateshead '21!!
                    LOL
                    Winds similar but drier and much warmer in Doha.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Speedster View Post

                      DAS should be pleased, a solid start and a place to build from. Thomas needs to be here at this stage to be ready for Trials, though I think she's clearly the favourite for it right now.
                      I find that athletes in their first race or 2 of the season have a tendency to fade in the last quarter of the race and this is what happened here. That effect may have been exaggerated thanks to Thomas' 300m pedigree and Jackson's 400m background.

                      As an aside, DAS is still the holder of the fastest 300 time by a 13 year old.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

                        I find that athletes in their first race or 2 of the season have a tendency to fade in the last quarter of the race and this is what happened here. That effect may have been exaggerated thanks to Thomas' 300m pedigree and Jackson's 400m background.

                        As an aside, DAS is still the holder of the fastest 300 time by a 13 year old.
                        The early season "fade" could be a thing as it appeared the same for ETH in her recent 200m. I always felt the over distance work would help that but appears to be the opposite. Dina looked great off the bend, looks strong and if conditions are ok should break 11 seconds next weekend in Birmingham. Who isn't fading us Thomas and having run 21.6 on the Eugene track last year after all those rounds, I think she's a medal favourite again.

                        Comment


                        • Dos Santos’ star continues to rise, he and Benjamin meet again at the Eugene DL, for Benjamin as if the motivation to beat Warholm wasn’t enough he’s now got to think about getting ahead of Dos Santos. Dos Santos 47.24 for the win, Benjamin 2nd in 47.49, then a 2 second gap to Barr in third, very quick time for this early in the season

                          Last night Lyles look like the Lyles of old

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Speedster View Post

                            The early season "fade" could be a thing as it appeared the same for ETH in her recent 200m. I always felt the over distance work would help that but appears to be the opposite. Dina looked great off the bend, looks strong and if conditions are ok should break 11 seconds next weekend in Birmingham. Who isn't fading us Thomas and having run 21.6 on the Eugene track last year after all those rounds, I think she's a medal favourite again.
                            She is the favorite for the 200m at Trials next month and as for the WC i will wait to see what ETH does at Trials as per last year she was good at races leading up to trials and stuff but she was Exemplary in Tokyo. Will await to see how Jackson does as well.
                            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ceil View Post
                              Is the PV taking place today then?
                              yes, should be right about now (08:00 PDT)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gh View Post
                                yes, should be right about now (08:00 PDT)
                                It is

                                https://doha.diamondleague.com/progr...-000100--_json

                                stream too?

                                Found it - https://www.svtplay.se/video/3530899...a-1?id=8ryyVEk (needs Swedish-based VPN)

                                Decent field . . . missing only Sam and Braz to be the WC Final

                                BROEDERS
                                KARALIS
                                LAVILLENIE R
                                LIGHTFOOT KC
                                LISEK
                                NILSEN
                                WALSH
                                LAVILLENIE V
                                VLOON M
                                DUPLANTIS

                                Note to WA web guru - make the live results sortable by 'jump order' (which is a current column - Pos), not just current standing.

                                Cole Walsh is making a career of "Itinerant Pole Vaulter". Should play himself in a Netflix docudrama; I'm sure there's an interesting story there.

                                Watching Vloon bail that last jump reminds me how infrequently these guys break crossbars, a regular occurrence (twice a season) at the HS level, not uncommon at collegiate level.

                                Mondo must be on a baby pole - only made 5.61 by 2 feet.

                                M, the 2 Amis, and the 2 French bros over first try.

                                Mostly empty arena - if Mondo breaks the WR (definitely good conditions!), will it have an i next to it? Guess so. Absolute will definitely apply.

                                Sorry for my cultural boorishness, but the commentators really do sound like the Swedish Chef on The Muppets.

                                BB and Lisek make 5.61, rest are out. Going up by 10cm thru 6.01 - I like it.

                                Mondo passing 5.71, KC and BB over, others are missing so far.
                                Nilsen over now - natch.
                                VLaV over but not Renaud. Is the sun setting on his marvelous career? He still looks super-fit. Needs to be in Paris 24!

                                On to 19'
                                Last edited by Atticus; 05-14-2022, 04:01 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X