Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Doha DL

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All made the opening height (5.41), except Mondo, who passed.
    Valentin LaV needed 3 tries!
    Now jumping at 5.61.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ceil View Post
      Is the PV taking place today then?
      Is it the only event today? I think it originally said May 13-14 on the TFN schedule, even before the PV reschedule.

      Comment


      • Karalis, Vloon, and Walsh go out at 5.61.
        Other 7 move to 5.71!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by steveu View Post

          Is it the only event today? I think it originally said May 13-14 on the TFN schedule, even before the PV reschedule.
          no, the 14 was added yesterday

          Comment


          • Mondo on Big-Boy pole now, cleared 19 by 2' (do the math).

            Nilsen is looking sluggish - no pop off the ground.
            The others are struggling too. If it's only Mondo left, does he yank it straight to 6.21 or do 6 first? I think the latter.
            Last edited by Atticus; 05-14-2022, 04:15 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Mondo on Big-Boy pole now, cleared 19 by 2' (do the math).

              Nilsen is looking sluggish - no pop off the ground.
              Is the roof high enough he won't hit it with his rear end???
              LOL

              Comment


              • It's down to MONDO---all others out!!
                But this is INdoors, so he'll need 6.21 to get the INdoor WR!

                Comment


                • The answer is 6.02.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    It's down to MONDO---all others out!!
                    But this is INdoors, so he'll need 6.21 to get the INdoor WR!
                    Not sure he follows your blog . . .

                    Easily over 6.02!

                    Choosing 6.11 next (?). Now shows 6.12. A mere 20'1.
                    Pick 6.22 next! An even 20'5.
                    Then 6.25 - Twenty and a half feet.

                    Wow! Super-high over the bar, but came down on it.

                    Choosing 65m for the standards, which might be shallow for him, but medium-deep for most - needs more penetration.
                    Last edited by Atticus; 05-14-2022, 04:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                      Not sure he follows your blog . . .

                      Easily over 6.02!

                      Choosing 6.11 next (?). Now shows 6.12. A mere 20'1.
                      Pick 6.22 next! An even 20'5.
                      Then 6.25 - Twenty and a half feet.

                      Wow! Super-high over the bar, but came down on it.
                      They're listing his 6.02 as a Meet Record!
                      I don't believe Doha's DL has ever done the Men's PV INdoors before!!

                      You push my buttons, I'll push yours!!
                      LOL

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                        Watching Vloon bail that last jump reminds me how infrequently these guys break crossbars, a regular occurrence (twice a season) at the HS level, not uncommon at collegiate level.
                        I've seen it happen more than once in a single competition at low-level club meets in the UK, where some guys are struggling to get over (I won't say vault!) 2m.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Choosing 65m for the standards, which might be shallow for him, but medium-deep for most - needs more penetration.
                          Man! He must be on one soft pole!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X