Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
    Jeez, Johnson flat out beat "Macho" Comacho and they barely mention her.
    Johnson ran a big PR by almost 0.2; her old PR dated from 2017. Previewed her recent comeback indoors; she's now a real contender for making the WC team in such a highly competitive event.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
      ESPN having their usual allergic reaction to field events. Funny thing is they said at the start that with the ATL they're going to be showing loads of field events!
      After leading off the broadcast with Sandi Morris, what happened to the women's PV?

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
        Jeez, Johnson flat out beat "Macho" Comacho and they barely mention her.
        Was Johnson DQ'd??
        Jasmine tweeted that there was an 0.83 reaction time---I assume for Johnson, but JCQ didn't indicate who did it---and she was expecting a false start/recall!
        An 0.83 would definitely be DQ territory!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Was Johnson DQ'd??
          Jasmine tweeted that there was an 0.83 reaction time---I assume for Johnson, but JCQ didn't indicate who did it---and she was expecting a false start/recall!
          They messed up an earlier start in one of the men's 100 heats where Gimili left the blocks a full second AFTER everyone else and another guy was also left a little behind. Then you saw him and the other guy gesturing that the start was bogus. In the men's hurdles another guy broke really fast before anyone else moved and was dq'd.

I think they must've had issues with the starting blocks.
          I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
            This broadcast is amateur hour. Pay a half-competent director. Geez.
            and where does the money for that come from? (athletes are basically competing gratis already)

Comment

Any replay's of that 100mH race? I feel like everyone from lane 5-8 didnt even react to the gun.

Comment

so is there anyplace other than some app where you can see the results?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  Any replay's of that 100mH race? I feel like everyone from lane 5-8 didnt even react to the gun.
                  A very quick gun, would love to know the reaction time for Williams (lane 4 next to JCQ).

https://twitter.com/Nerod38/status/1524911832296718342

Comment

Originally posted by br View Post

After leading off the broadcast with Sandi Morris, what happened to the women's PV?
                    Morris over Stefanidi in a jump-off at 4.72/15-5¾ (Outdoor WL)

Comment

I know I have basically zero concrete evidence, but I feel lanes 5-6-7 all had broken speakers or something. Is it a coincidence they all just sat there without moving? Note after the race JCQ seemed to be signaling she didnt hear anything at the start.

Untitled.png

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

and where does the money for that come from? (athletes are basically competing gratis already)
                        shouldn't the money come from ESPN? They chose to televise these events so shouldn't they be responsible for doing a half way decent job? Doubt they have any financial difficulties right now!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Was Johnson DQ'd??
                          Although the results posted so far do not show reaction times, JCQ was clearly referring to her own reaction (i.e delayed). DQ territory is less than 0.10.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

shouldn't the money come from ESPN? They chose to televise these events so shouldn't they be responsible for doing a half way decent job? Doubt they have any financial difficulties right now!
                            ESPN basically rents the meet the airtime. They just see it as content.

Comment

Let's Run managed to paste all of the results on their site:
                              https://www.letsrun.com/news/2022/05...-track-league/

Nice 11.08 w100 by former prep sensation Tamari Davis in 4th ... I think that's a PR for her. Maybe on her way to fulfilling potential.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                                I know I have basically zero concrete evidence, but I feel lanes 5-6-7 all had broken speakers or something. Is it a coincidence they all just sat there without moving? Note after the race JCQ seemed to be signaling she didnt hear anything at the start.

Untitled.png
                                Watching the race it seemed Williams false-started

Comment

Working...
                                X