Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll say this - seeing the good work Edrick Floreal is doing at Texas(unsurprisingly) it's a damn shame he left Kentucky before Steiner got there. Who knows where she'd be right now. One thing I can guarantee you is he would not have messed with her upper body mechanics
    There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
      48.60 has got to be pretty close to a top 10 of all time relay leg. I don't just mean college, I mean WC's, Olympics, etc.
      As noted, shes not even close. You have to run sub 48 to make it to the top 12. Athing Mu ran 49.32 in Tokyo and isnt even in the top 20 (and theres a bunch of splits not listed on alltime-athletics from some sub-3:20 Soviet, USA and GDR teams):

Jarmila Kratochvílová 47.6
      Marita Koch 47.70
      Allyson Felix 47.72
      Jarmila Kratochvílová 47.75
      Olga Bryzgina 47.80
      Olga Nazarova 47.82
      Tatána Kocembová 47.84
      Marita Koch 47.9
      Jarmila Kratochvílová 47.9
      Marita Koch 47.9
      Allyson Felix 48.01
      Florence Griffith-Joyner 48.08
      Jarmila Kratochvílová 48.12
      Alicia Brown 48.1
      Marita Koch 48.21
      Allyson Felix 48.2
      Marita Koch 48.27
      Marita Koch 48.2
      Athing Mu 48.32

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
        48.60 anchor for Britton Wilson

48.90 for Charokee Young
        I am not sure I believe the 48.60 for Wilson. She got the baton before Young and Young closed on her. Young's leg looked faster to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
          That's only if she stayed for a 5th year. If she graduated in 4 years she would have been done with college in 2021.
          Many did because of Covid.

Comment

• ESPN Broadcast:
            In general it was mostly track with a bit of field fusion. One jump or throw of top three or four finishers were shown. Same situation for multi events fields. ESPN used two cameras for running events. That was acceptable (my expectation is low). A few after race interviews were OK. I like to watch reruns on SEC network so I can stop and rerun races. Overall the quality was as good as the SEC indoor broadcast.

Upset of the meet IMO: Brandon Miller losing big time in 800m. It seems he needs to rest or will not be force in regional or NCAA.

I am wondering if ESPN has the rights for the regional NCAA broadcast?
            Last edited by GHM; 05-15-2022, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
              I'll say this - seeing the good work Edrick Floreal is doing at Texas(unsurprisingly) it's a damn shame he left Kentucky before Steiner got there. Who knows where she'd be right now. One thing I can guarantee you is he would not have messed with her upper body mechanics
              During your conversations with her and her coach, did they explain why they have altered her mechanics so drastically?

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

During your conversations with her and her coach, did they explain why they have altered her mechanics so drastically?
                The goal was to supposedly make her faster on indoor turns. Big picture this seems like a fools errand, and I've previously stated very well may have led to her season ending injury early into last outdoor season.

https://www.youngathletehub.com/2021...ackster-could/

I have not personally discussed the issue with either but may take it up with her HS coach(we coached together prior to his moving to Columbus) after the season ends. Ultimately it might be a moot point long term as she's likely to be changing coaches soon anyway.
                There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

I am not sure I believe the 48.60 for Wilson. She got the baton before Young and Young closed on her. Young's leg looked faster to me.
                  Arkansas was behind A&M at the final exchange so Wilson was behind Young when she got the baton. She moved on her a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    As noted, shes not even close. You have to run sub 48 to make it to the top 12. Athing Mu ran 49.32 in Tokyo and isnt even in the top 20 (and theres a bunch of splits not listed on alltime-athletics from some sub-3:20 Soviet, USA and GDR teams):
                    . . . . . etc
                    I swear there was an out-of-this-world leg by Ana Quirot once that was sub-48 that didn't make this list. Perhaps not sufficiently attested.

Comment

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post

I swear there was an out-of-this-world leg by Ana Quirot once that was sub-48 that didn't make this list. Perhaps not sufficiently attested.
                      48.9 at Havana in 1991 is her listed best

Comment

• When we are done fixing Steiners arm mechanics, can we fix Fahnbullehs start? I've watched the beginning of the mens 200 and it appears that the vast majority of his problems in that first 100 come from the actual start itself. It looks like he literally stands straight up within 2-3 steps and loses all momentum gained by the starting blocks. His first ten steps look like he is pulling a Conestoga wagon before he hits that phenomenal stride. Its frustrating to watch because it seems like its fixable especially with the quality of sprint coaching at Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                          When we are done fixing Steiners arm mechanics, can we fix Fahnbullehs start? I've watched the beginning of the mens 200 and it appears that the vast majority of his problems in that first 100 come from the actual start itself. It looks like he literally stands straight up within 2-3 steps and loses all momentum gained by the starting blocks. His first ten steps look like he is pulling a Conestoga wagon before he hits that phenomenal stride. Its frustrating to watch because it seems like its fixable especially with the quality of sprint coaching at Florida.
                          What made Wallace Spearmon great? He obviously never fixed up his start throughout his entire 15 year career, yet managed to win 3 individual medals and was consistently one of the fastest year after year. His start was marginally better than Fahnbulleh's though.

Comment

• Fahn's start problem is simple - he's not quick. His enormous stride makes him fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                              I'll say this - seeing the good work Edrick Floreal is doing at Texas(unsurprisingly) it's a damn shame he left Kentucky before Steiner got there. Who knows where she'd be right now. One thing I can guarantee you is he would not have messed with her upper body mechanics
                              Floral is good, but Kentucky has a pretty good sprint/hurdles coach in Tim Hall. Check his resume'
                              He was my sprint coach as well. Keni Harrison and Dezerea Bryant left Clemson to follow him to Kentucky....that says a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingimmo View Post

Floral is good, but Kentucky has a pretty good sprint/hurdles coach in Tim Hall. Check his resume'
                                He was my sprint coach as well. Keni Harrison and Dezerea Bryant left Clemson to follow him to Kentucky....that says a lot
                                *Floreal* spellcheck

Comment

Working...
                                X