Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 SEC Outdoor Champs

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dupontred View Post
    And just think. Syd would have been a senior on this team had she not left early I think.
    And Mu would only be a sophomore. Advantage - Texas A&M

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kingimmo View Post
      ...Kentucky has a pretty good sprint/hurdles coach in Tim Hall. Check his resume'

      Which makes his decision to mess with Steiner's near perfect mechanics all the more confounding.

      There are no strings on me

      Comment


      • Originally posted by guru View Post
        Which makes his decision to mess with Steiner's near perfect mechanics all the more confounding.
        The fact that he only messed with her tells me he knows something about her we don't and we'll have to trust his instincts. Good coaches refine technique; great coaches often have to reinvent technique.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          The fact that he only messed with her tells me he knows something about her we don't and we'll have to trust his instincts.

          We already know why - to make her faster on indoor turns. Now, whether or not that actually made her faster indoors, it's a short sighted reason to alter what was already near perfect. He certainly did not make her faster on the straighter lines of an outdoor track crossing her body with her arm action. He just....didn't.
          There are no strings on me

          Comment


          • Originally posted by guru View Post
            We already know why - to make her faster on indoor turns. Now, whether or not that actually made her faster indoors, it's a short sighted reason to alter what was already near perfect. He certainly did not make her faster on the straighter lines of an outdoor track crossing her body with her arm action. He just....didn't.
            I certainly agree in theory, but why didn't any other Ky sprinters do that? There is/was something about Steiner that 'necessitated' the coach to do that with just her.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              So where did Camel's 20.00 come from? 20.43 here.
              Well in the 2 hours and 20 minutes before the 200m final at the SEC meet, Camel ran a leg on the 4x1 and then ran 10.11 (+0.6) in the 100m. When he ran 20.00 he had a 1.4 tailwind and hadn't run the open 100m an hour before. On Saturday his tailwind was only 0.3 and he had run an extra event.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

                Well in the 2 hours and 20 minutes before the 200m final at the SEC meet, Camel ran a leg on the 4x1 and then ran 10.11 (+0.6) in the 100m. When he ran 20.00 he had a 1.4 tailwind and hadn't run the open 100m an hour before. On Saturday his tailwind was only 0.3 and he had run an extra event.
                Plus the prelims the day prior.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
                  Well in the 2 hours and 20 minutes before the 200m final at the SEC meet, Camel ran a leg on the 4x1 and then ran 10.11 (+0.6) in the 100m. When he ran 20.00 he had a 1.4 tailwind and hadn't run the open 100m an hour before. On Saturday his tailwind was only 0.3 and he had run an extra event.
                  I refer you to Mr. Boling and Ms. Wilson. Those race combinations are common without undue deleterious effects.

                  Comment


                  • Joe Fahnbulleh -- 19.92 at LSU, 20.13 at SEC
                    Tarsis Orogot -- 20.15w at LSU, 20.54 at SEC
                    Dedrick Vanover -- 20.55 at LSU, 20.86 at SEC
                    Tyler Davis -- 20.59 at LSU, 21.09 at SEC
                    DaMarcus Fleming -- 20.62w at LSU, 20.80 at SEC

                    OTOH

                    Demetrius Jackson -- 20.61 at LSU, 20.48 at SEC

                    It's a silly game to play, comparing performances meet-to-meet.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gm View Post
                      It's a silly game to play, comparing performances meet-to-meet.
                      Indeed, I'm just trying to evaluate EK's time. Fahn's next best time this year is his SEC 20.13, when he should be faster, even considering wind (tho he didn't even make the 100 Final!)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I refer you to Mr. Boling and Ms. Wilson. Those race combinations are common without undue deleterious effects.
                        If I’m not mistaken, Mr. Boling ran slower than his PBs in both the 100 and 200 at the SEC meet. Despite having a tailwind for the 200 at SECs when he a headwind for his 19.92. Would you like to cast doubt around the validity of his 19.92?

                        Is there anything specific about Camel’s 20.00 with a 1.4 wind (that may have been quartering) that led to your question? 20.00 with a tailwind is totally reasonable for a guy who can run 10.11 with a 0.6 wind in his 4th race in 2 days.
                        Last edited by Big Tusk; 05-17-2022, 03:20 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                          Gawdman, Nigerian sprinting has been on fire this season! I'm so proud 😊. It's giving me the the late eighties and nineties vibe when Nigerians were consistent on the global track and field stage.
                          Statistically Nigeria should be the best sprint nation in the world ahead of Jamaica and Anerica. Looks like they are finally headed in that direction.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                            Lmaooo, we were honestly expecting too much from them esp after the 22.38 into a -5.6 headwind fiasco 🙂. People predicting 21.6s and 21.5s for an athlete that hasn't even gone sub 22.
                            For me it was the 22.09 indoors. When you think of greats like VCB and Gwen Torrence indoors pb's and then think of their outdoor pb's you have to think Abby has a crazy pb in store. I think she is slightly better than Ofili in the 200 but both are incredible talents he will sharpen each other for years to come.

                            Comment


                            • All this angst about Ofili and Steiner is a waste, when there is another collegian 200 runner who has run 21.95 and made the US Olympic team last year. Suspect when is all over she’ll be the one running fast when it counts.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                                All this angst about Ofili and Steiner is a waste, when there is another collegian 200 runner who has run 21.95 and made the US Olympic team last year. Suspect when is all over she’ll be the one running fast when it counts.
                                It will certainly be a . . . Battle . . .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X