Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 SEC Outdoor Champs

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
    Lmaooo, we were honestly expecting too much from them esp after the 22.38 into a -5.6 headwind fiasco 🙂. People predicting 21.6s and 21.5s for an athlete that hasn't even gone sub 22.
    Why do you use the word "fiasco" to describe her 22.38 race?

    Comment


    • Sorry about that! I just checked up the meaning of the word, and all I can is, it certainly wasn't the best choice of word to use I had no idea and English is not my native language.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
        Sorry about that! I just checked up the meaning of the word, and all I can is, it certainly wasn't the best choice of word to use I had no idea and English is not my native language.
        you're doing just fine...

        Comment


        • I thought is was just the right word to describe the conditions and the loss of a great mark!

          Comment


          • Understandably Ofili and Steiner grabbed the lion's share of the attention before and after the meet, but is there any precedent for an athlete producing 3 performances of the quality of Britton Wilsons performances in such a short period of time?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              Understandably Ofili and Steiner grabbed the lion's share of the attention before and after the meet, but is there any precedent for an athlete producing 3 performances of the quality of Britton Wilsons performances in such a short period of time?
              X-Man?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gh View Post

                X-Man?
                X-man's performance at the 2006 NCAA Outdoor Championships was amazing but 100 =/= 400H.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  Understandably Ofili and Steiner grabbed the lion's share of the attention before and after the meet, but is there any precedent for an athlete producing 3 performances of the quality of Britton Wilsons performances in such a short period of time?
                  51.20/54.23 in the heats
                  50.05/53.75 WL in the finals
                  48.60 anchor carry

                  I'd say she was the outstanding performer, that's for sure!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    Understandably Ofili and Steiner grabbed the lion's share of the attention before and after the meet, but is there any precedent for an athlete producing 3 performances of the quality of Britton Wilsons performances in such a short period of time?
                    Maybe Grant Holloway in 2019 is up there.
                    4x100 NCAA Record
                    110mH NCAA record
                    4x4 split of 43.75

                    But Wilson's events and shorter period of time to run them is insanely impressive.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      But Wilson's events and shorter period of time to run them is insanely impressive.
                      and we're all holding our breath for the after-effects . . .

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Retread View Post
                        Pretty impressive run by 2 frosh in the 800 heats: Sam Whitmarsh (Texas A +M) 1:46.20 and Jacob Lamb (Alabama) 2nd in 1:46.57. These are big PR's. We shall soon see how will they do in the final vs Brandon Miller.
                        Whitmarsh PRed at 1:46.09 in the final,, but is now out for rest of year. Requires heart surgery for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          and we're all holding our breath for the after-effects . . .
                          Yeah, it's gonna be ugly. Hoping she proves us wrong tho. Perhaps she has a higher chance of making the US team in the 400m? The USA women's 400m field is stacked but also inconsistent, Felix could even make the team again this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all. But I just don't see Wilson beating both Sydney and Shamier yet perhaps Cockrell, but then again Shamier little herself is a prime example of inconsistency sadly.

                          Comment


                          • Britton Wilsons performances in that short space of time were surreal, let's see her reproduce that form outside of the NCAA. I aint holding my breath tbh.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X