Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who in gods name is managing the clock on ESPN? I’ve never seen such a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
      If/when she moves on to another coach after turning pro the first thing that coach will do is have her go back to her natural arm action. The more I look at her run now the more I fear going blind lol
      As fast as she is, I HAVE to think a more conventional arm carriage is faster.
      But . . . she has tremendous turnover and giving her a 'better' form might mess with that.

Comment

Fahnbullah doesn't make the 100 final!!

Comment

Originally posted by adirondack View Post
          Who in gods name is managing the clock on ESPN? I’ve never seen such a mess.
          It comes straight from the timing company and is a “flash time” that is triggered by movement near an eyebeam. Sometimes pretty wonky.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Watching Steiner win her 100 heat makes me think she's he only one on the planet who can run that fast with that form.

Ofili looked way better . . . and ran slower . . .
            Her arm action is one of the worst I've seen in a long time, but her turnover etc seem to make up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              As fast as she is, I HAVE to think a more conventional arm carriage is faster.
              But . . . she has tremendous turnover and giving her a 'better' form might mess with that.
              Here's a GREAT look at just how much her upper body technique has changed. The 2019 SEC 200, where she made up a massive amount of ground on Shacarri Richardson on the straight, just missing catching her at the line(22.57-22.59). The head-on view that starts at 1:12 shows that immaculate natural arm action. She may be faster now, but that's likely due to being three years older and further along the development curve, and doesnt mean she wouldn't be even faster with her natural arm mechanics, which were far more efficient and didnt torque her upper body side to side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrtJsnw1Sw
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Back to important stuff .... Anna Hall has improved her legal LJ PR to 6.42 and has a couple jumps left. Jasmine Moore leading (duh) at 6.73.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingimmo View Post

Her arm action is one of the worst I've seen in a long time, but her turnover etc seem to make up for it
                  I remember reading about a coach of Scottish professional sprinters - maybe in the 60s and 70s. He had his sprinters do a lot of work on the (boxing) speed bag.
                  His theory was that the faster they could move their arms, the faster their legs would move to keep up. Something like that.
                  Maybe that's how it works in Abby's case - shorter swings, but higher frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

I remember reading about a coach of Scottish professional sprinters - maybe in the 60s and 70s. He had his sprinters do a lot of work on the (boxing) speed bag.
                    His theory was that the faster they could move their arms, the faster their legs would move to keep up. Something like that.
                    Maybe that's how it works in Abby's case - shorter swings, but higher frequency.
                    That would be Jim Bradley who coached the guy who coached Alan Wells. If anybody is interestested, here's a longish article on Bradley.

http://www.anentscottishrunning.com/jim-bradley/

Comment

Erm ends up at 8132.
                      S Lester (Fla) wins the Hep in 5749.

Comment

Pretty impressive run by 2 frosh in the 800 heats: Sam Whitmarsh (Texas A +M) 1:46.20 and Jacob Lamb (Alabama) 2nd in 1:46.57. These are big PR's. We shall soon see how will they do in the final vs Brandon Miller.

Comment

Need the wind to cool down a bit

wTJ Moore 47-5.25 (14.06) w+2.5

Comment

Just a heads up that in addition to the stream the meet will be shown live on the SEC TV network tonight(6-10 PM Eastern)

Comment

Color me shocked - SEC Network actually bumped the finish of the LSU/Ole Miss baseball game for the track meet lol

Comment

Rough stickwork(especially anchor exchange) costs Kentucky womens 4x1

Comment

Working...
                                X