Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Britton Wilsons performances in that short space of time were surreal, let's see her reproduce that form outside of the NCAA. I aint holding my breath tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Diara31
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    and we're all holding our breath for the after-effects . . .
    Yeah, it's gonna be ugly. Hoping she proves us wrong tho. Perhaps she has a higher chance of making the US team in the 400m? The USA women's 400m field is stacked but also inconsistent, Felix could even make the team again this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all. But I just don't see Wilson beating both Sydney and Shamier yet perhaps Cockrell, but then again Shamier little herself is a prime example of inconsistency sadly.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Retread View Post
    Pretty impressive run by 2 frosh in the 800 heats: Sam Whitmarsh (Texas A +M) 1:46.20 and Jacob Lamb (Alabama) 2nd in 1:46.57. These are big PR's. We shall soon see how will they do in the final vs Brandon Miller.
    Whitmarsh PRed at 1:46.09 in the final,, but is now out for rest of year. Requires heart surgery for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    But Wilson's events and shorter period of time to run them is insanely impressive.
    and we're all holding our breath for the after-effects . . .

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Understandably Ofili and Steiner grabbed the lion's share of the attention before and after the meet, but is there any precedent for an athlete producing 3 performances of the quality of Britton Wilsons performances in such a short period of time?
    Maybe Grant Holloway in 2019 is up there.
    4x100 NCAA Record
    110mH NCAA record
    4x4 split of 43.75

But Wilson's events and shorter period of time to run them is insanely impressive.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Understandably Ofili and Steiner grabbed the lion's share of the attention before and after the meet, but is there any precedent for an athlete producing 3 performances of the quality of Britton Wilsons performances in such a short period of time?
    51.20/54.23 in the heats
    50.05/53.75 WL in the finals
    48.60 anchor carry

I'd say she was the outstanding performer, that's for sure!

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

X-Man?
    X-man's performance at the 2006 NCAA Outdoor Championships was amazing but 100 =/= 400H.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    X-Man?

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    I thought is was just the right word to describe the conditions and the loss of a great mark!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
    Sorry about that! I just checked up the meaning of the word, and all I can is, it certainly wasn't the best choice of word to use I had no idea and English is not my native language.
    you're doing just fine...

Leave a comment:

• Diara31
    replied
    Sorry about that! I just checked up the meaning of the word, and all I can is, it certainly wasn't the best choice of word to use I had no idea and English is not my native language.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
    Lmaooo, we were honestly expecting too much from them esp after the 22.38 into a -5.6 headwind fiasco 🙂. People predicting 21.6s and 21.5s for an athlete that hasn't even gone sub 22.
    Why do you use the word "fiasco" to describe her 22.38 race?

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
    All this angst about Ofili and Steiner is a waste, when there is another collegian 200 runner who has run 21.95 and made the US Olympic team last year. Suspect when is all over she’ll be the one running fast when it counts.
    It will certainly be a . . . Battle . . .

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    All this angst about Ofili and Steiner is a waste, when there is another collegian 200 runner who has run 21.95 and made the US Olympic team last year. Suspect when is all over she’ll be the one running fast when it counts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X