Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 UIL Texas State HS Championships

Starts today but the results link was a B-Yotch to find.

https://uil.tfresult.com/

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Starts today but the results link was a B-Yotch to find.

https://uil.tfresult.com/
    Thanks for posting. This is one of my favorite meets, all finals, quality competition, enthusiastic crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Thanks for posting. This is one of my favorite meets, all finals, quality competition, enthusiastic crowd.
      It's a bucket list event - after going to 40-some California state meets, Texas is the logical counterpart - a different vibe, from what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post

It's a bucket list event - after going to 40-some California state meets, Texas is the logical counterpart - a different vibe, from what I've heard.
        It is still a go-to meet but when it was in Memorial Stadium, a classic obsolete venue, with 40,000 rabid spectators, everyone emotionally involved with the athletes, it was.... memorably special.

Comment

It is still a go-to meet but when it was in Memorial Stadium, a classic obsolete venue, with 40,000 rabid spectators, everyone emotionally involved with the athletes, it was.... memorably special.
          Sitting on the edge of the shot put area was as good as T&F spectating got!

Comment

As a CA to TX transplant, I shall forever be an Uncle
            Rico. I narrowly missed making California State meet in high school because CA has ONE DIVISION. If I was in my tiny school growing up in Texas I might’ve won the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo View Post
              As a CA to TX transplant, I shall forever be an Uncle
              Rico. I narrowly missed making California State meet in high school because CA has ONE DIVISION. If I was in my tiny school growing up in Texas I might’ve won the damn thing.
              IMO, it makes no since to have separate divisions in the individual events, only the relays.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

IMO, it makes no since to have separate divisions in the individual events, only the relays.
                That would certainly kill off interest in the sport in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                  That would certainly kill off interest in the sport in Texas!
                  Is Texas that much different than California, where T&F is very popular?

[though I do approve of divisions - the more the merrier!]

Comment

Is Texas that much different than California, where T&F is very popular?

[though I do approve of divisions - the more the merrier!]
                    Yes.

Interesting to note that California has 14 different HS football championship levels. One for T&F.

Comment

Yes.
                      Interesting to note that California has 14 different HS football championship levels. One for T&F.
                      Completely different sport. It makes no sense to have a huge powerful program match up with a small weak one and beat the snot out of it . . . as we have seen.
                      In T&F, everyone can PR and go home satisfied with the outcome.

Comment

Completely different sport. It makes no sense to have a huge powerful program match up with a small weak one and beat the snot out of it . . . as we have seen.
                        In T&F, everyone can PR and go home satisfied with the outcome.
                        You don't see a problem with the lack of access to state-level events for T&F in that scenario?

Comment

Sitting on the edge of the shot put area was as good as T&F spectating got!
                          Yeah, but placement of the SP landing area at the pit end of the LJ made runouts dubious during simultaneous competition. In retrospect, it was a terrible LJ venue with too short, dual runways into a double-wide pit under the south scoreboard. An alternate single wide pit at the NW corner of the track used Lane 9 as a runway. A second alternate pit at the SE corner of the track had a chain-link fence across the end of the pit. I never saw it used.
                          I worked that cobbled old venue for thirty years until the new track was built. Loved every minute.
                          Knee replacement prevented me from working my 48th Texas Relay this year. Still hope to make it 50.

Comment

Yeah, but placement of the SP landing area at the pit end of the LJ made runouts dubious during simultaneous competition. In retrospect, it was a terrible LJ venue with too short, dual runways into a double-wide pit under the south scoreboard. An alternate single wide pit at the NW corner of the track used Lane 9 as a runway. A second alternate pit at the SE corner of the track had a chain-link fence across the end of the pit. I never saw it used.
                            I worked that cobbled old venue for thirty years until the new track was built. Loved every minute.
                            Knee replacement prevented me from working my 48th Texas Relay this year. Still hope to make it 50.
                            It was a pretty terrible venue for the horizontal jumps, you are correct. A bit of shade was the only real benefit.

Comment

You don't see a problem with the lack of access to state-level events for T&F in that scenario?
                              No.

Comment

Working...
                              X