Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible performance by Jace Posey of Houston Strake Jesuit in the boys HJ... 7-4.25! (that's 2.24 in real measurin')

Previous PR was 6-10 as far as I can tell

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
      Incredible performance by Jace Posey of Houston Strake Jesuit in the boys HJ... 7-4.25!
      Sigh, I don't have any time for this any more. Too busy doing my nails . . .

Comment

Incredible performance by Jace Posey of Houston Strake Jesuit in the boys HJ... 7-4.25! (that's 2.24 in real measurin')

Incredible indeed ... Took 2 jumps at 6-4, then cleared 6-6, 6-8, 6-10, 7-0, 7-1, 7-2 and 7-4.25 on first tries. Went out at 7-5.

Appears he's a highly recruited hoopster and son of former NBA player Jake Posey.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Sigh, I don't have any time for this any more. Too busy doing my nails . . .
          You should probably rip his technique to shreds, seeing as how you're an expert on every event.

https://twitter.com/vypehouston/stat...99623397261316

video of his winning jump (not a great angle)
          Last edited by gm; 05-14-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

7-4.25! (that's 2.24 in real measurin')
            I once heard that the Texas UIL State Championship meet field events are still measured imperially. Is that true?

The progression in this HJ would certainly suggest so, as 6-10, 7-0 and 7-2 are not BGB conversion equivalents. He probably asked for 7-4ΒΌ for some sort of record reason.

Comment

You should probably rip his technique to shreds, seeing as how you're an expert on every event.
              https://twitter.com/vypehouston/stat...99623397261316
              video of his winning jump (not a great angle)
              Better than JuV's!
              I've only been studying the bio-mechanics for T&F for about 40 years now. I'm very good at the hurdles and jumps. pretty good at track races, good at SP and DT. Passable at JT. No idea about HT, except the obvious.

Comment

Better than JuV's!
                I've only been studying the bio-mechanics for T&F for about 40 years now. I'm very good at the hurdles and jumps. pretty good at track races, good at SP and DT. Passable at JT. No idea about HT, except the obvious.
                and your humility is off the charts

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  and your humility is off the charts
                  Does it bother you (and gm) that I am a serious student of the sport, took my coaching responsibilities seriously, and have loved the sport as athlete, fan, parent, coach, and official most of my life?

I did not say I was an expert (gm) at anything, but I am confident of what I have learned and can pass on.

Comment

Does it bother you (and gm) that I am a serious student of the sport, took my coaching responsibilities seriously, and have loved the sport as athlete, fan, parent, coach, and official most of my life?

I did not say I was an expert (gm) at anything, but I am confident of what I have learned and can pass on.
                    Main difference between YOUR expertise (for technique stuff) and MY expertise (for stat stuff) is---you're agreed with sometimes, while I'm not so much!!
                    LOL

Comment

Back to actual matters of relevance... Duncanville 39.98 to win the 6A Boys 4x100

=5th A-T school, =8th performance

Comment

Pierre Goree of Duncanville finally gets a legal wind and goes 10.22. He had windy 10.10/10.08 clockings in the last month. Big kid, signed with SMU for football. Oops.

Comment

Klein Forest 1:23.37 4x200

No. 3 school & performance A-T

Comment

Pierre Goree of Duncanville finally gets a legal wind and goes 10.22. He had windy 10.10/10.08 clockings in the last month. Big kid, signed with SMU for football. Oops.
                            This guy is listed as a Safety. Maybe his HS puts him back there as a last line of defense so he can run anyone who escapes down but a guy with this type of pickem ups usually is a cornerback if on defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X