X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Pierre Goree of Duncanville finally gets a legal wind and goes 10.22. He had windy 10.10/10.08 clockings in the last month. Big kid, signed with SMU for football. Oops.
    This guy is listed as a Safety. Maybe his HS puts him back there as a last line of defense so he can run anyone who escapes down but a guy with this type of pickem ups usually is a cornerback if on defense.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Klein Forest 1:23.37 4x200

No. 3 school & performance A-T

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Pierre Goree of Duncanville finally gets a legal wind and goes 10.22. He had windy 10.10/10.08 clockings in the last month. Big kid, signed with SMU for football. Oops.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Back to actual matters of relevance... Duncanville 39.98 to win the 6A Boys 4x100

=5th A-T school, =8th performance

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Does it bother you (and gm) that I am a serious student of the sport, took my coaching responsibilities seriously, and have loved the sport as athlete, fan, parent, coach, and official most of my life?

I did not say I was an expert (gm) at anything, but I am confident of what I have learned and can pass on.
    Main difference between YOUR expertise (for technique stuff) and MY expertise (for stat stuff) is---you're agreed with sometimes, while I'm not so much!!
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    and your humility is off the charts
    Does it bother you (and gm) that I am a serious student of the sport, took my coaching responsibilities seriously, and have loved the sport as athlete, fan, parent, coach, and official most of my life?

I did not say I was an expert (gm) at anything, but I am confident of what I have learned and can pass on.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Better than JuV's!
    I've only been studying the bio-mechanics for T&F for about 40 years now. I'm very good at the hurdles and jumps. pretty good at track races, good at SP and DT. Passable at JT. No idea about HT, except the obvious.
    and your humility is off the charts

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    You should probably rip his technique to shreds, seeing as how you're an expert on every event.
    https://twitter.com/vypehouston/stat...99623397261316
    video of his winning jump (not a great angle)
    Better than JuV's!
    I've only been studying the bio-mechanics for T&F for about 40 years now. I'm very good at the hurdles and jumps. pretty good at track races, good at SP and DT. Passable at JT. No idea about HT, except the obvious.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    7-4.25! (that's 2.24 in real measurin')
    I once heard that the Texas UIL State Championship meet field events are still measured imperially. Is that true?

The progression in this HJ would certainly suggest so, as 6-10, 7-0 and 7-2 are not BGB conversion equivalents. He probably asked for 7-4ΒΌ for some sort of record reason.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Sigh, I don't have any time for this any more. Too busy doing my nails . . .
    You should probably rip his technique to shreds, seeing as how you're an expert on every event.

https://twitter.com/vypehouston/stat...99623397261316

video of his winning jump (not a great angle)
    Last edited by gm; 05-14-2022, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    Incredible performance by Jace Posey of Houston Strake Jesuit in the boys HJ... 7-4.25! (that's 2.24 in real measurin')

Previous PR was 6-10 as far as I can tell
    Incredible indeed ... Took 2 jumps at 6-4, then cleared 6-6, 6-8, 6-10, 7-0, 7-1, 7-2 and 7-4.25 on first tries. Went out at 7-5.

Appears he's a highly recruited hoopster and son of former NBA player Jake Posey.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Incredible performance by Jace Posey of Houston Strake Jesuit in the boys HJ... 7-4.25!
    Sigh, I don't have any time for this any more. Too busy doing my nails . . .

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Incredible performance by Jace Posey of Houston Strake Jesuit in the boys HJ... 7-4.25! (that's 2.24 in real measurin')

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    Steve, I think the record was taken to 9:47+ in 2018 by Tuohy (at the Loucks Games, so definitely federation-eligible). At least that's the record we're showing now.
    Dang, you're absolutely right. Failure of memory and properly reading lists on my part!

Leave a comment:

• cigar95
    replied
    Originally posted by steveu View Post
    Natalie Cook ran 9:48.25 to win the 6A 3200 this morning, finally taking down Kim Mortensen's legendary 9:48.59 for the particular outdoor HS distance. An NFHS record, I believe, for what it's worth.
    Steve, I think the record was taken to 9:47+ in 2018 by Tuohy (at the Loucks Games, so definitely federation-eligible). At least that's the record we're showing now.
    Last edited by cigar95; 05-14-2022, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X