Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't bother to set DVR for 6 am pdt...DL meet in May should not be in the UK.visitied UK 3x in May & June...nice for tourists but never ideal for track meet ..athletes deserve better conditions...especially with WC's in July rather than August.

Comment

Hodgkinson effortless in the 800m 1m 58.63

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
        didn't bother to set DVR for 6 am pdt...DL meet in May should not be in the UK.visitied UK 3x in May & June...nice for tourists but never ideal for track meet ..athletes deserve better conditions...especially with WC's in July rather than August.
        But the same could be said for Eugene - looks cool next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post

Yes, so it does. Bromell may even make an effort to perform with distinction.
          Excellent from Ceh, Mihambo, Parchment, KH and some others. Having noted the excuses for the poor performances at the US distance classic in not ideal conditions on Thursday we can all understand how at this time in May we have to wait a little for many athletes to race in better condition

Comment

Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post

I just checked the weather and I was going to post the same thing...showers with temp in the low 60's...the weather Gods are not cooperating so far this year!

Comment

I just checked the weather and I was going to post the same thing...showers with temp in the low 60's...the weather Gods are not cooperating so far this year!
              Here's my not-so-bold prediction - the times will all be better than Birm.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Eugene has the Olympic standard BSS 2000 track Birmingham the cheaper BSS 1000 track. Might make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Disagree!
                  DL's should be held to a higher standard than "lesser" US invites, and their history has been to produce many outstanding marks!
                  B'ham is NOT up to DL standards thus far!
                  Even Allman was sub-par!
                  you say that but Ceh was not in the men’s discus. Diamond league record in fact.

Comment

The Texas Relays weren't as windy as usual, and that was two months ago!

Comment

Originally posted by eightsevensix View Post

you say that but Ceh was not in the men’s discus. Diamond league record in fact.
                      I think I wrote that BEFORE Ceh's long throw!

Comment

ahem...... this is the Birmingham thread

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          safe bet!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Even Allman was sub-par!
                            Allman was only off relative to the insane level she had established late last year and early this year. Last year prior to June she had two 65 meter meets and one 66.

Comment

Yeah, today's performances were underwhelming. I don't know if I'll look back on any of these races ever again.

Comment

The 2021 version of this meet (held in even worse weather at Gateshead) ranked only 25th in the competition rankings last year.

I didn't expect much from this one, and it met my expectations. Good competition, pay no attention to the times/distances.

Comment

Working...
                                X