X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way too early to begin handing out medals...I'll wait for the USA's 😉

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post

I wondered when the posters here would realise that a fit Kambundji , as a finalist in Tokyo, and now world indoor champ is not to be disregarded.
      and also a 200 finalist

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post

Home soil worth .05. On what evidence is this assertion based.?? Nonsensical for sure.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atticus puts his money where his mouth is every year in the worldwide Dutch (www.atstat.org/contest) prediction contest. And he does very well most years (not counting Tokyo 2021). So, don't discount his cockamamie .05 theory just yet. I agree that American athletes will have some advantage in Eugene this July. I just don't know how much that will be.
        Last edited by TWalsh; 05-19-2022, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
          Atticus puts his money where his mouth is every year in the worldwide Dutch (www.atstat.org/contest) prediction contest. And he does very well most years (not counting Tokyo 2021). So, don't discount his cockamamie .05 theory just yet.
          Thanks, TW.
          i don't think Clem wants to see where I pulled that number out of.

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atticus puts his money where his mouth is every year in the worldwide Dutch (www.atstat.org/contest) prediction contest. And he does very well most years (not counting Tokyo 2021). So, don't discount his cockamamie .05 theory just yet. I agree that American athletes will have some advantage in Eugene this July. I just don't know how much that will be.
            It's not unusual to claim a "home field advantage"
            In baseball (my 2nd favorite sport), the home team almost always has a better home game record than on the road!

Comment

For the Americans, I just hope they don't peak too early.
              We've seen it happening so many times in the past that athletes are performing well in the beginning of the season and couldn't deliver on the big global stage.
              Now this season we've had so far super fast times again. Don't know what that means tbh...

For Kambundji. I think it depends on the pre WC performances. That will give us some hints. She hasn't opened her season yet in the neither in the 100 nor in the 200.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                don't overlook Kambundji
                Agreed, her indoor form bodes extremely well for the 100.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                  Way too early to begin handing out medals...I'll wait for the USA's 😉
                  Ok guy. Let's close this forum, stop discussing and wait for Worlds.

Comment

Historically, it seems a lot of American runners, esp on the female side, have trouble duplicating their trials performances and I think it's because of the grueling nature to even make the US team. Whatever homefield advantage that Eugene brings is probably negated by having to peak to make the team and then again a few weeks later for the Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post

Ok guy. Let's close this forum, stop discussing and wait for Worlds.
                      Lol...so sensitive 😆
                      just one man's opinion 🙂

Comment

I agree that sweeps are rare, and in fact there has never been a sweep in the w100m at the World Champs, ever. Of course, this year could be the first, but it's more likely there won't be than there will be.

I would not be surprised if Asher-Smith breaks the Jamaican trio up, she is on the come-back trail, is hungry after her Tokyo withdrawal, and has the talent to drop to a high 10.7. I can't see Kambundji in the medals in the 100m, but I could see her with a high 10.8. Ta Lou may also be a threat to the JAM 1-2-3 and she won bronze in Doha and is now a 10.7 woman too.

My concern, as it is every year with the US women, is whether they can peak again after a competitive nationals.

As per the other thread, I don't now see Richardson Q, either because she doesn't run at all, or she just is simply not in form.

Comment

I saw a news online in which Sha-carri talked about being emotionally abused at the hands of her Jamaican girlfriend/ex-girlfriend?? Perhaps that's one of the reasons why she hasn't raced at all this year and also hasn't really been online that much too.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

I haven't seen anything YET that would cause me to take those odds. And, don't necessarily think a Jamaican sweep is needed to keep Americans off the podium...that said, I am rooting hard for all the USA sprinters to run PBs at Eugene in July.
                            This is why I said YET... now less likely of a Jamaican sweep and more likely for an American medal...it might be a minor injury but the w100m will have no room for error this time. https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/...ue-birmingham/

Comment

Im calling it now, I think SCR makes the team. One month out from Eugene and she was in close contention with those girls in Atlanta..
                              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Tough to make an assessment given the wild conditions but by comparison to others I'd say she's as in there with a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X