Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The generality of supposed top talents was not on view in this meet. Coburn??

Comment

Tucson Elite

I noticed the following result for Roald Bradstock, 1984 Olympic finalist with PBs for old/new javelin of 91.40/83.84, who turned 60 on 24 April.

8. Roald Bradstock 59.78

Roald is the Masters WR holder for the M50-54 age gorup with 76.15 (700g) from.2012.

The results didn't indicate what weight he was throwing but in the unlikely event it was the 800g, then he should be able to set the WR for M60-64 group which uses the 600g. If it was actually the 600g, then he would # 4 on the alltime list.

Here's the top 4 throws with the 600 according to http://www.mastersathletics.net/file...inthrowmen.htm

1. 62.47 Esa Kiuru FIN
      2. 62.09 Kauko Tuisku FIN
      3. 60.07 Axel Jelten GER
      4. 59.59 Gary Stenlund USA

Comment

Originally posted by El Toro View Post
        Tucson Elite

I noticed the following result for Roald Bradstock, 1984 Olympic finalist with PBs for old/new javelin of 91.40/83.84, who turned 60 on 24 April.

8. Roald Bradstock 59.78

Roald is the Masters WR holder for the M50-54 age gorup with 76.15 (700g) from.2012.

The results didn't indicate what weight he was throwing but in the unlikely event it was the 800g, then he should be able to set the WR for M60-64 group which uses the 600g. If it was actually the 600g, then he would # 4 on the alltime list.

Here's the top 4 throws with the 600 according to http://www.mastersathletics.net/file...inthrowmen.htm

1. 62.47 Esa Kiuru FIN
        2. 62.09 Kauko Tuisku FIN
        3. 60.07 Axel Jelten GER
        4. 59.59 Gary Stenlund USA
        I found a FB post from a few days ago where he wrote the following. Doesn't quite answer that implement question ... or does it?

Tuscon bound! World Record Bound?
        All set for Tuscon Elite Classic - back to where l broke my first World Record 36 Years ago and where l threw my life time best with the new javelin of 83.84m in 1987 - 35 years ago - which is still the stadium record!!!
        I am pretty beaten up but if my body lets me l feel confident l can break the British M60 l set a few weeks ago - question is can l break the M60 World Record?

Comment

Re: Bradstock

Upon a 2nd look, it's almost certain he was throwing the M60-64 implement. If you search his name on Facebook and get to his account, it appears you don't have to "friend" him to see his posts. He's very active on there. Quite a treasure chest of posts and videos! If you're a Bradstock fan and want to see what he's been doing, I highly recommend.

Comment

Umpqua CC's finest, Zach Holland, acquitted himself well with a 79.98 (262-5) PR.

We only have one mJTer with the World Q (85m!) - Shuey - the WC field will be 32 and Thompson is ranked 32nd right now, but Mr. Holland's opus is unfinished. 85m is a fer-throw, but ZH could get it with some Qatarian winds!

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
              3 events down and not an athlete got the WC standard.
              Only one Worlds standard in the whole meeting ... Just !

20yo Abbey Caldwell (AUS) ran 4:04.18, that's 0.02s inside the standard. She'll be Eugene-bound because she won the Aussie Champs a couple of months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

Only one Worlds standard in the whole meeting ... Just !
                RunningInCircles was at the meet and mentioned in the high school thread that the conditions were windy. That presumably held down the marks on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                  RunningInCircles was at the meet and mentioned in the high school thread that the conditions were windy. That presumably held down the marks on the track.
                  The USATF Distance Classic was one of the few meets I've ever attended that I didn't enjoy.

The wind made the times slow. In general, the athletes weren't happy, their coaches weren't happy, and the fans weren't happy.

A cranky over zealous official tried to prevent me and a bunch of other people from taking photos of the runners. And then they turned off all the lights on the warmup track while dozens of athletes were still on there.

Several people told me that the live stream they were watching at home got cut off at the exact moment the lights went out on the warmup track. Someone at the meet apparently turned off an electrical switch that was powering both the warm up track and the live stream equipment, while the last race was still going on.

What a mess. The meet was basically the opposite of the Sound Running meet 2 weeks earlier.

Comment

A reminder that the USATF Throws is actually tonight in Arizona, with many of Thursday's people, and solid fields throughout.

mHT Haugh, Young, Donnelly, Winkler
                    mDT BWms, Mattis, Ferguson
                    wHT Anderson, Berry, Kassanavoid
                    wJT Malone, Winger, Allgood, Ince
                    mSP Walsh, Hill
                    mJT Thompson, Glover, Shuey, and my Umpqua dude, Holland
                    wSP Thomas-Dodd, Ramsey, Ewen

plus some other events

mLJ Dendy
                    mPV Nilsen
                    wLJ Brumer, KHall, Todd

The fun starts at 3:15 PT.

Comment

that's going to be one helluva double by Dendy, since in an earlier post today you listed him in Jacksonville.

Comment

link for the USATF meet (which is different than Tucson Elite)

https://results.usatf.org/2022ThrowsFestival/

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          that's going to be one helluva double by Dendy, since in an earlier post today you listed him in Jacksonville.
                          Nah, just one loooooooong jump.

Comment

Sam Mattis rides the wind out to 68.69 PR to lead the mDT

Rudy Winkler 78.51 to win the mHT

Veronica Fraley big PR 62.30 to win the wDT

Comment

Andrew Evans gets the WC standard with a 66.74 in R4 of the mDT

Comment

Janee Kassanavoid to No. 3 on the US A-T performer list with a 78.00 wHT

Comment

Working...
                                X