Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Coach Let Go

Beth Alford-Sullivan was released from her contract!
    It sounds to me like it's immediate, not at season's end!
    Ken Harnden will take over until they find a new coach!
    With the Regionals coming soon, then the Championships, it's a question of how the athletes will deal with this, and whether they were given advanced warning!

Just saw there's an article about it on the front page!

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Beth Alford-Sullivan was released from her contract!
    It sounds to me like it's immediate, not at season's end!
    Karma comes around! She's the spiteful snake who removed some freshman girls from the Tennessee team at the start of their first semester, and wouldn't even let them train with the team or use the athlete facilities while they finished out their freshman year. Didn't give them the slightest chance to prove themselves in training or competition.

Their scholarships couldn't be given to anyone else until the next academic year, so keeping them off the team and out of the facilities served no purpose except to hurt their athletic futures.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me!
      I knew she'd been controversial, but couldn't remember why!
      Now I know!
      I agree totally with your description of her!

Comment

The controversy was discussed here: https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...tes-2-weeks-in

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Karma comes around! She's the spiteful snake who removed some freshman girls from the Tennessee team at the start of their first semester, and wouldn't even let them train with the team or use the athlete facilities while they finished out their freshman year. Didn't give them the slightest chance to prove themselves in training or competition.

Their scholarships couldn't be given to anyone else until the next academic year, so keeping them off the team and out of the facilities served no purpose except to hurt their athletic futures.
          why did she do that and how long ago?

Comment

What she did to them should be against NCAA rules. If you bring somebody in on a scholarship, and you're not going to renew their scholarship, they should have the right to finish out the year training with the team, unless they're kicked off the team for cause. Some of them turned down offers from other schools only to get the bait-and-switch from Tennessee, including one who turned down an 80% scholarship because Tennessee offered a full ride.

Comment

I always wondered about UT track...with the success of Coleman and a few others. Tim Hall leaves and then Britton Wilson jumps out after transferring to Arkansas!

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
                The controversy was discussed here: https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...tes-2-weeks-in
                Anyone know what happened to the 6 girls?
                If they were Frosh in 2014, then they'd be around 26 now!

Comment

Anyone know what happened to the 6 girls?
                  If they were Frosh in 2014, then they'd be around 26 now!
                  One ended up at Pitt and had a collegiate best of 59.30 in the 400H
                  Another ended up at Western Kentucky and ran 57.67 to win the 2018 CUSA 400H
                  Third scholarship one went to UAB and ran 11.65/23.76/56.11
                  Last edited by gm; 05-21-2022, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Ken Harnden will take over until they find a new coach!
                    Ken Harnden is the owner of the fastest 4x400 split I've ever officially taken at 44.6. He ran anchor for a multi-national team at a meet at Crystal Palace that I was allocated to take the splits for in the '90s.

Comment

rumor mill says AD wants to go back to a split program and hire 2 head coaches.

Comment

Finally. We have a great new AD who will not get the new hire wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol View Post
                          Finally. We have a great new AD who will not get the new hire wrong.
                          S/he did not get it wrong - it's Duane Ross from NCAT!

Comment

So what does Coach Ross's move to UNC do this fine program? Will/can his athletes get in to UNC if they want to follow him?

Comment

UNC?

Comment

Working...
                              X