Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee Coach Let Go

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bhall View Post
    UNC?
    University in Noxville City, I think he means

    Comment


    • #17
      https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...ar/9617440002/

      I'm sure names like Ross (maybe Harding) will be going pro once NCAAs are over. Kind of surprising!
      Last edited by ATK; 05-24-2022, 07:17 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bhall View Post
        UNC?
        Oops, mah bad!
        Rocky Top!
        Better?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Oops, mah bad!
          Rocky Top!
          Better?
          Tennessee works.

          Comment


          • #20
            Thrilled over this hire!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by gm View Post
              Tennessee works.
              Too redundant, like Mississippi and Tallahassee.

              Tenesy
              Misizipy
              Talahasy

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Too redundant, like Mississippi and Tallahassee.

                Tenesy
                Misizipy
                Talahasy
                Tennessee Waltz
                Tallahassee Lassie (Freddy Cannon)
                Mississippi by Bob Dylan

                Comment


                • #23
                  It'll be interesting to see what Tennessee coughed up to lure Ross from A&T. Salary-wise he was already making basically the same as Alford-Sullivan($230K base vs $225K for Ross). I suspect it took a tad more than $230,000 to get him to say yes.

                  All that said he's a great fit. Terrific coach, with deep roots(recruiting and otherwise) in the region.
                  There are no strings on me

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yes, Im happy for him but a part of me would have loved to see him stay at A&T and become tracks version of Nick Saban, building a decades long powerhouse at a school that most people have never heard of. But, I realize that's not how the world works and the prestige and money of coaching at a program like Tennessee would be what most people aspire to. Good for him.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      on the negative side, hate to see one of the few women in any NCAA sport replaced by a man in a combined program.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                        Yes, Im happy for him but a part of me would have loved to see him stay at A&T and become tracks version of Nick Saban, building a decades long powerhouse at a school that most people have never heard of. But, I realize that's not how the world works and the prestige and money of coaching at a program like Tennessee would be what most people aspire to. Good for him.
                        Yes I too understand him leaving. But all money ain't good money. I hope he spoke to JJ Clark, before he accepted this job. But anyway, all the best to him.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                          Yes, Im happy for him but a part of me would have loved to see him stay at A&T and become tracks version of Nick Saban, building a decades long powerhouse at a school that most people have never heard of. But, I realize that's not how the world works and the prestige and money of coaching at a program like Tennessee would be what most people aspire to. Good for him.
                          I would imagine that it took him at least $400K to get him to leave A&T.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

                            Yes I too understand him leaving. But all money ain't good money. I hope he spoke to JJ Clark, before he accepted this job. But anyway, all the best to him.
                            What does that mean?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by gh View Post
                              on the negative side, hate to see one of the few women in any NCAA sport replaced by a man in a combined program.
                              You have to produce. She didn't.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                I would imagine that it took him at least $400K to get him to leave A&T.
                                I would think so.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X