Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if McCallum reconsiders and moves to Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      Who is McCallum?

Comment

I'm curious as well

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Who is McCallum?
          T'Mars McCallum 10.13 last week South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol View Post

You have to produce. She didn't.
            I'm 100% for more female T&F coaches, but she should have been fired years ago, for what she did to those 6 girls!!
            There are many great female candidates for coaching jobs.
            But Alford-Sullivan's firing should have happened years ago!

Comment

I'd think his daughter will follow him there, at least.

Comment

NCA&T head track and field coach Duane Ross has just accepted the job at the University of Tennessee.
                https://hbcugameday.com/2022/05/24/d...for-tennessee/

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

I'm 100% for more female T&F coaches, but she should have been fired years ago, for what she did to those 6 girls!!
                  There are many great female candidates for coaching jobs.
                  But Alford-Sullivan's firing should have happened years ago!
                  This will probably lead to a tangent we should not go down but why would she be fired for a reason the AD likely supported?

Comment

This will probably lead to a tangent we should not go down but why would she be fired for a reason the AD likely supported?
                    In your scenario, then fire the AD also!

Comment

Tennessee's current AD has only been at the school about a year. The AD who was there when Alford-Sullivan chose not to honor those scholarship offers is long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol View Post
                        You have to produce. She didn't.
                        What she did to those freshman girls probably was part of the reason for her failure to produce. It's likely that some top prospects who were considering Tennessee heard about what she did and chose to go elsewhere because of that.

Comment

Is what BAS did with those freshmen ladies a breach of scholarship?

Duane Ross. Yeees, for being UT's pick. But noooo, on leaving A&T. I wanted A&T to remain a powerhouse......!

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23 View Post
                            Is what BAS did with those freshmen ladies a breach of scholarship?
                            What she did apparently didn't break any laws or NCAA rules. They kept the tuition benefits of the scholarship for the remainder of their freshman year. What should be against the rules is depriving them of the athletic benefits of the scholarships without cause. They couldn't train or compete with the team, and couldn't use the athletes-only facilities. They at least should have been treated like redshirts, able to train with the team without competing.

The other aspect that was ethically wrong was the timing of her decision. She was hired before the fall semester began, but cut them from the team early in the semester, after their eligibility clock had started ticking. If she told them of the decision during the summer, they would have had the option to sit out the year and train at their local high school track while looking for scholarships elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

Yes I too understand him leaving. But all money ain't good money.
                              Very true. He'll make more money in the short term, but Tennessee will be much quicker to fire him for a less-than-stellar season. A&T probably would have kept him for the next 20 years, but not Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Very true. He'll make more money in the short term, but Tennessee will be much quicker to fire him for a less-than-stellar season. A&T probably would have kept him for the next 20 years, but not Tennessee.
                                This is what I always refer to as political capital and Ross had a ton of it stored up at A&T. He now starts at Tenn with nothing in the vault other than his previous success. He will need to find new Cambrea Sturgis's, Trevor Stewarts and Randolph Ross's to build up that capital.

Comment

Working...
                                X