Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the circumstances , an impressive run from Richardson in race 2, especially as Terry has run 10.9/10.7w this season. All the women who finished above her in the first race have raced a few times already this season and are more race sharp.

Comment

Indoors and out, Steiner has already had 37 races this season. 37. Let that sink in. If she makes the US team, she will be well spent come the Worlds.

Comment

Video of Richardson's 11.27: https://youtu.be/g87IilZqPd0

Comment

This was the worst meet I have ever seen in my life.

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Video of Richardson's 11.27: https://youtu.be/g87IilZqPd0
          I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone celebrate early with such a narrow lead before...

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
            Indoors and out, Steiner has already had 37 races this season. 37. Let that sink in. If she makes the US team, she will be well spent come the Worlds.
            I once counted Xavier Carter's competitions ....63 and then he ran 19.63 for 200m at Lausanne on July 11, 2006. I thought that was pretty amazing, but he was an AAU kid growing up. Probably pretty normal to him o have those long seasons.
            It's curious how much of a workload collegians handle, but when they become pros, they don't compete as much and then they trail off in their performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone celebrate early with such a narrow lead before...
              Even know the result before I saw the video, I was not sure she was going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post
                You must not have been to many meets

For the atrocious conditions, there were some admirable performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                  Andre De Grasse - Before Beijing 2015 double Bronze - 53 races
                  Trayvon Bromell - Before Beijing 2015 Bronze - 42 races
                  Christian Coleman - Before London 2017 double Silver - 49 races
                  Bryce Hoppell - Before Doha 4th place - 38 races

Note, I dont think Steiner will actually make the US team in either sprint.
                  Though we do see many NCAA athletes "burn out" by USAs or at WC/OG if they make the team, but there are also some examples of the opposite happening.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Even know the result before I saw the video, I was not sure she was going to win.
                    She's rusty with an average start but the movement through the field was impressive, easing down once she got there to celebrate. Is she confirmed for Pre?

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

You must not have been to many meets

For the atrocious conditions, there were some admirable performances.
                      I've seen plenty though

It has less to do with the performances (although were there any noteworthy results outside of Anderson's 12.59?) and more to do with how disorganised and shambolic the coverage was.

It all seemed to stem from the nightmare weather sadly.

Comment

Apart from Gabby Thomas, who are the other two (or more) Americans likely to keep Steiner off the team in the 200m?

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                          Apart from Gabby Thomas, who are the other two (or more) Americans likely to keep Steiner off the team in the 200m?
                          Battle, Prandini, and BBrown spring to mind, and who knows what shape Clark, Sturgis and Flannel will be in.

But . . . if Steiner makes the Eugene 200 final, I wouldn't bet against her.

Comment

Andre De Grasse - Before Beijing 2015 double Bronze - 53 races
                            Trayvon Bromell - Before Beijing 2015 Bronze - 42 races
                            Christian Coleman - Before London 2017 double Silver - 49 races
                            Bryce Hoppell - Before Doha 4th place - 38 races

Though we do see many NCAA athletes "burn out" by USAs or at WC/OG if they make the team, but there are also some examples of the opposite happening.
                            Who do you have to place above her in the 200? Surley its only Gabby Thomas at this point. And she may even beat Thomas
                            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Battle, Prandini, and BBrown spring to mind, and who knows what shape Clark, Sturgis and Flannel will be in.

But . . . if Steiner makes the Eugene 200 final, I wouldn't bet against her.
                              I'll give over on BBrown. The others meh.
                              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Browns form has tidied up in recent years and looks a better athlete compared to Doha. Given her 10.99, a sub 22 feels possible. Steiner fighting for third at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X