Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cannot celebrate before the finish, with that type of start! BUT.....Welcome back!
    Last edited by einnod23; 05-22-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Apart from Gabby Thomas, who are the other two (or more) Americans likely to keep Steiner off the team in the 200m?
      Love Steiner, but I would slow the roll, until the college season ends. Lots of folk ran fast during college, but hav little left in the take for any pro-champs/Oly Trials/Olys/Worlds! Randolph Ross hit 43.85, but didn't make the individual Oly Final!

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23 View Post
        You cannot celebrate before the finish
        Molly Huddle should have learned this when she lost the USXC title to Sara Hall. And then, she did it again three years later at the World Championships.

Comment

You cannot celebrate before the finish, with that type of start! BUT.....Welcome back!
          I don't think she cared.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Apart from Gabby Thomas, who are the other two (or more) Americans likely to keep Steiner off the team in the 200m?
            Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Who do you have to place above her in the 200? Surley its only Gabby Thomas at this point. And she may even beat Thomas
            I dont see any argument for anyone beating Thomas unless she makes mistakes. This would be my pick for top 8 at trials right now:

Gabby Thomas
            Brittany Brown
            Tamara Clark
            Jenna Prandini
            Abby Steiner
            Anavia Battle
            Cambrea Sturgis
            Dezerea Bryant

I'm really putting Steiner in the "pick a name out a hat behind Thomas" in the 200m. I think a lot of athletes will step things up at Trials when things matter for them. NCAA is important for Steiner right now so after that, its a bit unpredictable. For every Randolph Ross who performs well through NCAAs and makes a team, there is a Terrence Laird or Cambrea Sturgis who falls short after being one of the best in the world.

Note: I'm really big on Clark who I think might be slept on (somewhat rightfully so considering her legal times). But she has fast windy times and trains with Thomas.
            Last edited by ATK; 05-22-2022, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
              I think a lot of athletes will step things up at Trials when things matter for them.
              Which is a boon and the bane of USA T&F. There will be a lot of eye-popping results in May Eugene (Pre) and early June Eugene (NCAA) and late June Eugene (USATF), which will not be replicated in July Eugene WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Which is a boon and the bane of USA T&F. There will be a lot of eye-popping results in May Eugene (Pre) and early June Eugene (NCAA) and late June Eugene (USATF), which will not be replicated in July Eugene WC.
                Exactly. Which is also why I see the results of 100/200 US women pretty much remaining the same as 2021: Only Thomas comes (stays!) home with a medal. Plus DAS's healthy return makes thing harder for everyone.

Comment

By the way, I sure envy the Eugenians who got/get to go to the

Pac12
                  Pre
                  NCAA
                  USATF
                  World Champs

What a Quintfecta (Pentfecta?) of meets!

Comment

SCR looked quite good to me in that 11.27 run. Atrocious start but she went by the others fairly easily, though the celebration at the end was kind of odd. One thing is re-emphasizes for me is that pointing to the clock, raising your arms up before the finish line doesn't really hinder you as much as some people like to think! Maybe a couple hundredths!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

I'll give over on BBrown. The others meh.
                      Same. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post
                        SCR looked quite good to me in that 11.27 run. Atrocious start but she went by the others fairly easily, though the celebration at the end was kind of odd. One thing is re-emphasizes for me is that pointing to the clock, raising your arms up before the finish line doesn't really hinder you as much as some people like to think! Maybe a couple hundredths!
                        I'll take an 11.07 debut over an 11.27.

Comment

I'll take an 11.07 debut over an 11.27.
                          You know at this point those numbers are meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post
                            My statement wasn't comparing the race to any other. It was simply an observation that SCR looked real good considering the circumstances. Right now everyone is at different stages of their training, the only time to compare is when they line up at Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                              Andre De Grasse - Before Beijing 2015 double Bronze - 53 races
                              Trayvon Bromell - Before Beijing 2015 Bronze - 42 races
                              Christian Coleman - Before London 2017 double Silver - 49 races
                              Bryce Hoppell - Before Doha 4th place - 38 races
                              Considering she's at 37 already in May, and she has the whole of June to get through yet, including NCAA meets & the US Trials, she will be around De Grasse's number or more by the time/IF she get's the the Worlds.

Re 200m candidates, Brown has looked ominous and could be a threat behind Thomas, who must be the favourite. It might be a blanket finish though.

Comment

Originally posted by ubiQuitous1 View Post
                                It's curious how much of a workload collegians handle, but when they become pros, they don't compete as much and then they trail off in their performances.
                                That's because by the time they turn pro, half of them have been burnt out by over competing! On top of that, international meets add another element (some athletes just simply don't travel well, and it can take a while to get used to the whole experience) and then there is the fact that the NCAA is not fully aligned to WADA. All of these are elements of differing proportions that have some impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X