• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ’22 Eugene DL (aka Pre Classic)

entry/start lists will begin to be populated here soon:

https://eugene.diamondleague.com/pro...esults-eugene/

pre-meet news releases are here:

https://www.preclassic.com/news

I know I'm probably the lone soldier here, but the event I'm most looking forward to is the Women's Two Mile!!
    LOL

Comment

With the deep men's 5000 on Saturday, I wonder if there are just two entrants in Friday's 5000, Cheptegei and the pacing lights?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
        With the deep men's 5000 on Saturday, I wonder if there are just two entrants in Friday's 5000, Cheptegei and the pacing lights?
        if they're going for WR, need couple more runners

Comment

I was being a bit facetious, but I'll sign up if they still need two more.

Comment

I could keep up the first 300 or so

Comment

Dos Santos vs Benjamin, Mu vs Hodgkinson shaping up to be highlights

Comment

IF everyone shows up...
                IF the weather is good....
                IF there's no strategic distance races.....
                Then this could be the greatest Pre Classic ever!!!
                (I refuse to call it "Eugene DL"!!)
                The fields...in EVERY event, both days....are INCREDIBLE and DEEP!!!
                Can't wait!!

BUT, it can be even better IF.....
                Some HS'ers are added, either individually in the Pro events, OR in special HS races!
                Juliette Whittaker has proven she can run fast AND win!
                Sophia Gorriaran is also tough and fast!
                Roisin Willis, Sadie Englehardt, the Sahlman's, Gary Martin, the Young's, Natalie Cook, Ellie Shea etc etc!
                Last edited by aaronk; 05-22-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

No they wont all turn up,despite Nikes demands. The weather will be poor, like Birmingham but with rain. The meet is the Eugene Diamond League meeting. This is not a meeting for high school kids.
                  I heard a rumour that your posts are now of such eccentricity that you are likely to receive an invite from rojo and wejo to join Letsrun.com.

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post
                    No they wont all turn up,despite Nikes demands. The weather will be poor, like Birmingham but with rain. The meet is the Eugene Diamond League meeting. This is not a meeting for high school kids.
                    I heard a rumour that your posts are now of such eccentricity that you are likely to receive an invite from rojo and wejo to join Letsrun.com.
                    Re an invite to join Let'sRun---
                    I was BLOCKED from their forum years ago!
                    Never given a reason, but I'm guessing it was because of my frequent uber-critical tweets against them!
                    LOL

BTW, my posts being considered "eccentric" is a compliment!
                    Thank you!!
                    LOL

Oh, and one more thing---the Pre Classic has had HS races (Mile) in the past!
                    Last edited by aaronk; 05-22-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I would say that the Eugene DL meeting is the Pre in the same way that Brussels is the Van Damme Memorial, Zurich the Weltklasse and Oslo the Bislett Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                        I would say that the Eugene DL meeting is the Pre in the same way that Brussels is the Van Damme Memorial, Zurich the Weltklasse and Oslo the Bislett Games.
                        .....and Rome the Golden Gala, Monaco the Herculis, Stockholm the DN Galan, and so on!
                        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

.....and Rome the Golden Gala, Monaco the Herculis, Stockholm the DN Galan, and so on!
                          LOL
                          These are the names that a local who's been to these meets year after year would use.

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post
                            *Post of the Year Candidate

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post

*Post of the Year Candidate
                              And now, back to the program....
                              Look closely at the announced start list, and DROOL!!
                              LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X