Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    Has Mu said if she's sick? Or does she just have a positive test?
    Mu WAS sick but she is back training. Not sure if Mu had a mild case of Covid or not.

But all these theories of Mu dropping out of USA's, not making the 800 team, moving to the 400, etc. are very premature and based on pure speculation. Covid affects everyone very differently. Some people are sick for a long time and other people are fine in a few days.

Comment

Unfortunately, "got Covid" can mean many things depending on who's talking. As can "getting back into my rhythm". A 20-year-old in superb physical shape is a lot less likely to get substantially sick.
      A very fit young professional athlete may be less likely to have serious covid symptoms but we already know for a fact that a small percentage of people fitting Mu's profile are outliers.

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/11/28/jo...bes-covid-bout

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...nked-covid-19/

Comment

• Originally posted by berkeley View Post

I hope you're right, it's been great to watch the recent Scots domination of British middle distance running.
        The whole Commonwealth is dominant.

Comment

Unfortunately, "got Covid" can mean many things depending on who's talking. As can "getting back into my rhythm". A 20-year-old in superb physical shape is a lot less likely to get substantially sick.
          However you can feel ok, but something can affect your system where you feel good but your strength and energy are just enough to affect your performance. And at this level it can make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

It was definitely odd down the stretch. He ran behind Kipsang and TimC like they were doing 400m reps and they had a few to go. He couldn't get around them I guess but it appeared that he might have been able to run with Hoare past them.

I was hoping Teare would have had a bit more zip at the end. He may be a tweener in that the 1500m is too short and 5000m too long internationally.
            Yeah, he's never going to be a 1500 guy. Maybe not even a 5000 guy. He has no niche. 13:00 is a fine time, but to be competitive you need to run that in your sleep and not just a time trial effort where it's setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
              Just watching the replays and wow did Norman look strong down that homestretch. Once again, Kirani shows up running 44.02 as he approaches 30. Cherry did not look good, maybe a bad race, but Im relatively certain the US 400 team for Eugene will be Norman, Ross and Cherry. Not a bad lineup.
              Benjamin for the relay.

Comment

• Originally posted by berkeley View Post

I don't understand why so many folks think Mu would/should opt for the 400. In the 800 she's the clear # 1 in the world. It is remarkable that she is also very competitive in the 400, but she's really not even close to # 1 in the world. Why is Covid going to hurt you more in the 800 than the 400 ? Possibly making the US team at this moment might be easier in the 400, but the only point of making the team is to win the world title. That's unlikely for her in the 400 and likely in the 800.
                The idea I had with my comment was that, maybe the shorter the distance, the less likely for a residual effect (post-recovery) to emerge and overtake her before finishing the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post

Yeah, he's never going to be a 1500 guy. Maybe not even a 5000 guy. He has no niche. 13:00 is a fine time, but to be competitive you need to run that in your sleep and not just a time trial effort where it's setup.
                  Teare is all of 22 years old; perhaps just a tad early to be writing him off in any niche?

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

Teare is all of 22 years old; perhaps just a tadearly to be writing him off in any niche?
                    I agree. People need to understand that he and Hocker are still quite young. Not even one year as a professional athlete.

13:05 is very good for a 22yo American.

Hocker is only 20 (21 soon) and has already three US titles and is expected to make the 1500 team. That is fantastic.
                    Last edited by Juicy News; 05-29-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post

Teare was in poor position the last lap, stuck in traffic when he wanted to go. Then when he got clear they had 10 meters on him and he couldn't get it back.
                      Yeah...I just re-watched the race and I see that. I still don't know what Hocker was doing. Waiting for a hole to open I assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                        OY! That w200 looked deceptively fast until the clock stopped at 22.42.
                        I thought it was gonna be a sub 22 based on how dominant she was and considering it was a decent field.
                        Last edited by fasttrak85; 05-29-2022, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                          Another 23+ put from the Goat!
                          Just another day at the office…

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post

She lost a lot of time through her back injury . My assertion is that she and Reekie who had glandular feveŕ will be far better in mid to late August .
                            But she beat Hull by 0.6 (and dominated the rest) last week, She was 5 sec behind Hull in this race.

Comment

• BTW, doesn't NBC Sports know the difference between Jakob and Filip Ingebrigtsen? I was wondering why they were showing Filip before the race, and then saw the caption...

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                                Just watching the replays and wow did Norman look strong down that homestretch. Once again, Kirani shows up running 44.02 as he approaches 30. Cherry did not look good, maybe a bad race, but Im relatively certain the US 400 team for Eugene will be Norman, Ross and Cherry. Not a bad lineup.
                                Cherry has a bye.

Comment

Working...
                                X