Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steveu View Post

*Post of the Year Candidate
    How about we leave the poster alone. He can odd but he's our odd.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      Indeed, aaronk is upbeat and enthusiastic; Clem, on the other hand, just seems rude.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Indeed, aaronk is upbeat and enthusiastic; Clem, on the other hand, just seems rude.
        Thanks to everyone for all the love (??) and support (????), but this is about a "classic" meet just days away with possibly the greatest overall fields---in every event, both days---ever seen outside of Championship meets!!
        The only possible negative would be bad weather!!
        I mean, the line-ups I've seen (on the Pre Classic website) go way beyond the 1 or 2 or 3 stand-out mega-stars you see or hear about in promotional ads!
        The depth is astounding!!
        So, pray for decent weather!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot---we also have the USA 10K trials--TWO fantastic fields of domestic stars!!
        Last edited by aaronk; 05-22-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Colin Sahlman *is* in the mile (not sure which one) and looks primed to do something special. (3:54ish would not shock me.)

Englehardt and Aaron Sahlman will be running the state meet next weekend a couple hundred miles to the south. Leo Young is done for the season and Lex is pointing at other races.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Thanks to everyone for all the love (??) and support (????), but this is about a "classic" meet just days away with possibly the greatest overall fields---in every event, both days---ever seen outside of Championship meets!!
            The only possible negative would be bad weather!!
            I mean, the line-ups I've seen (on the Pre Classic website) go way beyond the 1 or 2 or 3 stand-out mega-stars you see or hear about in promotional ads!
            The depth is astounding!!
            So, pray for decent weather!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot---we also have the USA 10K trials--TWO fantastic fields of domestic stars!!
            We all know why they cross the ocean to get there; because money bags Nike make it a condition of their support
            Many of the worlds better athletes do not need this meet on the west coast in late May. Much too careful to keep schtum!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I thought this was a forum for grown ups.no poster belongs to any Forum and Aaron looks well able to take it.

Comment

Re an invite to join Let'sRun---
                I was BLOCKED from their forum years ago!
                Never given a reason, but I'm guessing it was because of my frequent uber-critical tweets against them!
                LOL

BTW, my posts being considered "eccentric" is a compliment!
                Thank you!!
                LOL

Oh, and one more thing---the Pre Classic has had HS races (Mile) in the past!
                Now I know Letsrun blocked you ,you have risen in my estimation.

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post

I thought this was a forum for grown ups.no poster belongs to any Forum and Aaron looks well able to take it.
                  It is a forum for grownups. Consider that yourself as you refer to posters as "twerps" etc. even if they do not respond in kind.

Comment

Womens 100m field announced: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd6KUafpeoQ/

Elaine Thompson-Herah
                    Sha'Carri Richardson
                    Dina Asher Smith
                    Shericka Jackson
                    Marie Josée Ta Lou
                    Briana Williams
                    Mujinga Kambunji
                    Teahna Daniels
                    Twanisha Terry

Comment

Rain %age chance keeps rising as the days go by...

Comment

I hope the Jamaicans take it real easily.

Comment

The weather really is against sprinters this season. LOL.

Unless Richardson sandbagged her last two races, ETH and Jackson should be the clear top two here. Given the forecasted mediocre conditions, I say ETH takes it (if she shows) in 10.8x.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                            Unless Richardson sandbagged her last two races
                            Curious why you consider it "sandbagging" considering the conditions she ran in and as her season opener?

For reference, SAFP opened up her 2021 100m season with an 11.51 in cold rainy conditions. The time was also widely irrelevant because of the conditions.
                            Last edited by ATK; 05-23-2022, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Jacobs out of Men's 100---sounds like a precaution, not a serious injury!
                              And the Exodus begins!!
                              LOL

Comment

Jacobs out of Men's 100---sounds like a precaution, not a serious injury!
                                And the Exodus begins!!
                                LOL
                                you sure you're not reading a note from last summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X