• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short answer Jacobs tore his butt during the race
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I just looked at the Start Lists.

Now NOT including: McDermott, Engles, Orji, KWms, Kendricks, McMaster, Samba, ETH, Atowunde, Romani, Grace, Constein, McSweyn, Tefera, Jacobs, Bracy, Baker and . . . Mu.
      As someone mentioned, ETH is still starting, but Tefera is listed in the 5000, not the Mile.
      Has anyone else noticed that Sifan Hassan is in the W 2 Mile Friday night? Supposedly, Niyonsaba is going for Defar's record; usually record attempts are set up to not be competitive.
      Also, Gidey could get some pressure (or help?) from Taye, Worku and Lemlem Hailu.

I'm thinking that Friday night will be on USATF.tv, right?
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Trayvon Bromell was added to the 100m field, along with Kyree King and Letsile Tebogo

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
          I'm thinking that Friday night will be on USATF.tv, right?
          Affirmative.

https://preclassic.runnerspace.com/e...news_id=639719

Comment

Has to be the rain & temps, at least for the sprinters/jumpers/throwers.

Comment

As unfortunate as it is to see big names pull out, I'm sure Pre (and Birmingham) will be good for years to come.

Comment

Interesting that people are more irked by Mu pulling out than by Benjamin. Sorry to say it but he pulled out of the Monaco DL last year too, he’s getting a reputation for it

Comment

The withdrawals are understandable for US athletes if they suspect they might have even a slight injury.

4 weeks from now is the qualification meet for the only global championships that will take place in the US during their entire career. That's kind of a big deal. A much bigger deal than a Diamond League race.

If you put yourself in their shoes, you might see things differently.

Comment

Agree...given what is happening in the next 6 weeks a DL meet must be secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
                      The withdrawals are understandable for US athletes if they suspect they might have even a slight injury.

4 weeks from now is the qualification meet for the only global championships that will take place in the US during their entire career. That's kind of a big deal. A much bigger deal than a Diamond League race.

If you put yourself in their shoes, you might see things differently.
                      It is not that long until LA 2028, 😉

Comment

While I understand some fans will be upset, the consequences of racing when your not in form or injured is bigger, particularly for US athletes as suggested above who are without federation funding or risk the goal of the entire season which must be Eugene.

Comment

Just checked the starting lists on the Pre website, in preparation for a Preview I'll be putting out tomorrow on my blog!
                          Where are Gabby Thomas in the 100 or 200?
                          SMU in the 200?
                          Weren't they entered?
                          Shaunae is still being advertised in the accompanying photo!
                          Also pictured is Maryna Beth-Romanchuk in the LJ---but gone from the list!
                          Jacobs, Benjamin, Kendricks, and Mu are also pictured, but gone!!

FALSE advertising---or at the very least, DECEPTIVE advertising!!

Pre is shaking his head up in T&F Heaven!!

Comment

Hassan not running as well too.

Comment

Something of an own goal by the meeting organisers not to have a women’s 400 hurdles, yet there is a men’s mile and 1500

Comment

Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                                Something of an own goal by the meeting organisers not to have a women’s 400 hurdles, yet there is a men’s mile and 1500
                                Can the Diamond League meet directors just pick any events they want? I would think they would have to coordinate with all the other Diamond League meets as to which meets get which events.

Comment

Working...
                                X