This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

I am not worrying about Athing Mu not running this weekend...instead, like Atticus said, I am preparing to watch a terrific track meet (in person I might add)...also, I am not worrying about coverage on tv in the UK or the USA because there isn't a damn thing I can do about it except attend meets whenever possible...like I have done twice at J Serra HS in OC....and please, don't tell someone else where they deserve to live...you live where you choose and others will live where they choose. The type of coverage track and field gets on tv is about one millionth on the list of deciding factors.
    Again, you're missing point! T&F needs EVERY fan it can lay its hands on to attract TV coverage, and media coverage. Injuries can- and do - always "spoil", to a greater or lesser degree, a meetings. What we don't want, or need, is star athletes simply not bothering to turn up because they feel have something more important to do, That is a slap in face for fans who were really looking forward to a particular event. What we need is the will and desire to put on the best show for the fans because if we don't the backers will disappear and start covering a more accommodating sport.

Comment

Originally posted by IOM1944 View Post

...What we don't want, or need, is star athletes simply not bothering to turn up because they feel have something more important to do, ...t.
      what evidence is there that this is the case here?

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post

I'm from the "you gotta knock out the champ" crowd...I'd rather wait until Hodgkinson actual beats Mu.
        That can only happen if the champ is willing to defend her title...and it seems as if Athing is not to keen to do that.

Comment

What we don't want, or need, is star athletes simply not bothering to turn up because they feel have something more important to do
          You have no idea why Mu isn't competing at Pre. You have no clue when she pulled out of the meet. And you don't know how long Pre Meet organizers have known about it. So, you need to keep your wild speculations to yourself because you just don't have the facts!
          Last edited by TWalsh; 05-26-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

That can only happen if the champ is willing to defend her title...and it seems as if Athing is not to keen to do that.
            She will...when it matters at the WC.

Comment

another off-the-wall statement with no facts to back it up

Comment

I really hope Ms Mu is NOT reading this thread, including my own contributions!!
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

You have no idea why Mu isn't competing at Pre. You have no clue when she pulled out of the meet. And you don't know how long Pre Meet organizers have known about it. So, you need to keep your wild speculations to yourself because you just don't have the facts!
                  Exactly! Pulls out without any explanation or apology. What planet does she live on! And, what a slap in the face for T&F fans. Clearly, somewhere along the line, Mu missed out on lesson on " good manners".

Comment

Exactly! Pulls out without any explanation or apology. What planet does she live on! And, what a slap in the face for T&F fans. Clearly, somewhere along the line, Mu missed out on lesson on " good manners".
                    If it's because of a private matter, she doesn't have to answer to you or anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by IOM1944 View Post

Dude...you sound like Avery Brundage

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

Dude...you sound like Avery Brundage
                        Indeed. Stirring the pot and boiling it at the same time. 😖

Comment

• Originally posted by IOM1944 View Post
                          Wow, I thought internet trolls were a quaint relic of the past!

Comment

• Interesting that this thread on Mu has gotten more comments than all the other runners combined have gotten in the Pre meet thread.

Who could else could possibly get this many comments? McLaughlin showing up last minute? Richardson pulling out? Semenya entering the steeplechase?

Comment

• Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
                              Interesting that this thread on Mu has gotten more comments than all the other runners combined have gotten in the Pre meet thread.

Who could else could possibly get this many comments? McLaughlin showing up last minute? Richardson pulling out? Semenya entering the steeplechase?
                              If Mu DNS'ing gets 4 pages, Mondo or Crouser gets 10!!
                              LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

If Mu DNS'ing gets 4 pages, Mondo or Crouser gets 10!!
                                LOL
                                What about if Mondo and Crouser switched events?

Comment

Working...
                                X